How can I get a refund on a returned item when the seller won't respond?

Bvttle
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a Jacket on 27th December 2020 which was delivered on the 30th December. I returned it to them on the 31st december and it was received on the 4th of January.

It's now been a week and half and the seller has acknowledged they've received the item, it was signed for delivery, but not issued a refund. They haven't responded to further emails.

I spoke to PayPal who said they will not be able to open a dispute because the correct item was received, then returned.

How can I get a refund?? This is ridiculous and I think this needs to be an option for disputes. The item was not cheap so i'm worried I won't even get my money back.

The payment on my card just shows as 'paypal' so I'm not sure if they'll be able to do a chargeback?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bvttle 

Paypal don't cover buyer remorse unfortunately, only item not received OR received but not as described.

However if the seller is in the UK as well you have the option of a small claims court action?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.