How can I get a refund of a returned postage

janwarlow
Contributor
Contributor

I returned an item and got a refund from the seller, am trying to claim return postage refund without success.
I have followed the Paypal advice for claiming a refund of postage: I have activated free shipping returns. Go to Activities and locate the transaction of the item you've returned. Click the transaction and then click request return shipping refund.  
There is nowhere on the page that comes up to claim return shipping refund.

I am frustrated and at a loss what to do next.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I think you have to apply for free return when you make payment,not after.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@janwarlow 

If you have activated click on the transaction in your paypal account, the return shipping option should be at the bottom of that details page.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @janwarlow,

I'm sorry to hear that you are not seeing the return shipping link. If the link is not where @kernowlass mentioned, please take a look at this page, in the section labeled "How do I make a Refund Request?" If you continue to have difficulty, please reach out to the email address listed in that page under the section labeled "Who should I contact is I have a question about the service?"

@Teslafan101 - The service can be activated after the payment.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

janwarlow
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your reply, I was able to claim a refund from the page you mentioned.  I found the information at the bottom of the page for Return from a Business Account, which is probably why there was no link on my activities page.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.