How can I dispute Paypal's wrong decision to deny a just claim?

Roslou
Contributor
Contributor

I made a claim with Paypal through their Resolution Centre against a merchant from China who says he mailed the package of an order for two summer dresses for my wife, which I placed on July 21, 2020.  The package never arrived and I keep checking the tracking on both China Post and that of the local post office and I always get the same last message dated 25 September:  Item created.  And nothing else.

Then surprise surprise, Paypal informed me some 4 days ago: "We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because we received shipment tracking from the merchant confirming that the merchandise was delivered".

What shipment tracking?  It is crystal clear that either Paypal have been taken in by this merchant who is telling an outright lie about the package delivery, or else Paypal never bothered to check with the merchant what really happened and are just unfairly ignoring their customers' rights and deciding on disputes without submitting any proof.  It is also regrettable that a number of messages to both Paypal and the merchant about this dispute have gone unanswered.  

Someone has any idea how I can appeal Paypal's decision to deny my claim?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Roslou 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Roslou
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply and advice.  I have since solved the issue and got a full refund.

Login to Me Too

huong-84
New Community Member

Paypal said the item was altered under my possession. Actually it is not at all. It is still original. But Paypal is in favour of the seller , ebay.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.