How can Chinese vendors get away with bate and switch?

blackattack3
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a XK X450 and receiver a XK A100 SK27. I paid $75.99 for the XK X450 and the XK A100 SU27 is worth about $35.00.

My issue is I ran the payment through PayPal for there protection of the transaction. PayPal is offering the same deal as the vendor, return the plane via prepaid shipping to China to get the balance of my refund. Return shipping from USA to China around $85.00. That is about what I paid with shipping.

Does PayPal help with return shipping and how much? I am getting tired of these vendors being able to play us and get away with it. PayPal has not been any help in this issue. Also the return address is in Chinese too.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

jflexman

PLEASE NOTE: It's "BAIT" and Switch... not "BATE" LOL

I had a similar issue, but the item I purchased was $39.99.

Seller sent me the less expensive $19.99 item.

When I opened a dispute, vendor offered a $6 refund. I refused.

Now I am responsible for shipping the item back to the seller's supplier IN CHINA with the hopes that when it arrives I'll be credited with the refund.

We all know the seller in US based piece of trash, and this is the perfect way from them to bait-and-switch without any hopes of doing the right thing, shipping the right product, or making anyone happy.

I provided very detailed information to PayPal like screen shots of the sellers webpage, screen shots of amount billed and paid through PayPal, as well as photos of the item received...clearly showing the seller's error in fulfillment.

Now PayPal is making it very difficult to communicate with their resolution team...I can only assume it's because they've made their cut in the initial transaction already. So why not just make the seller and customer fight it out amongst themselves.

It's a terrible business practice, and a black eye on both the unethical seller and the "middle man"...PayPal.

Ultimately, I'm not expecting much from PayPal...so it's probably let the buyer beware. A great deal on a Chinese product purchased through PayPal should be avoided AT ALL COSTS. 

You are on your own...and you WILL lose.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.