How bad faith supplier can use Paypal against consumers.

JonLah
New Community Member

Hello, 

I'm new here in the community, but not new to Paypal. Yet this is the first time I am confronted with bad faith suppliers if not scammers.

I'm reaching out to know how to handle such a situation best, especially when the "scammer" uses Paypal process against the consumers to discourage them, resulting in them keeping the payment.

For context, I bought on Instagram a product, a few days after weirdly, the website was taken down and no trace to be found.

Upon reception of the product, I receive something absolutely different. Imagine buying a real car, and you get a toy car, it's a car but not usable unless for playing.

That's how big the difference was between the advertised product and the product shipped.

I've raised the complaint, and they agree for a 10% refund. Yes, they replied 🤷🏻‍♂️.

• I refused because I bought "product A" and received "product Z".
  • I refused because 10% discount won't change anything for me.
  • I refused because they ask to ship back the good, which is part of the Paypal process. Then it'll cost me more to ship back the product, and it's not worth it, which they are well aware of this.

Basically, using Paypal process against the consumer to get the good back, knowing the shipping costs to China is more expensive than the product itself and the 10% refund, the math is done easily: no one will ship it back so they can keep the money.

Question:

1. Is there a way to have PayPal involved here to see the game of the scammers?
    1. Refuse the refund or request for a full refund?
  2. Email, speak to someone?
  3. Should I accept and move on, while remembering to use Amazon instead, which really protects its consumers!

Many thanks in advance for your help.

JL

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.