How Paypal decide to resolve to buyer's side?

arungisyadi
Contributor
Contributor

Case: #PP-006-847-945-526

The buyer is obviously taking advantage of me. He paid with the agreement that he can't file a refund because of he had been trying to subscribe and immediately unsubscribe to avoid paying our service. So he paid by asking me to send him an invoice (The whole email conversation is well recorded and sent to Paypal). Then after 30 days when he was charged for the next monthly payment, he filed a refund for his last payment.

Look, I don't mind the $9.99 I refunded. But this is the matter of who is true and practicing honest business against someone who tried to take advantage of your system. I obviously now feel not protected at all as a seller. I will make sure that this case is well spread to my community so that business owners like me should be avoided from a fraud action like this one that (sadly) is defended by Paypal.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siti

HI @arungisyadi,

PayPal covers your loss when you follow the guidelines of our seller protection policy.

We realize that there are legitimate reasons why someone may request to have an item shipped to an address that isn't shown in their transaction details. However, these transactions carry a slightly higher risk of fraudulent activity and you won't be eligible for seller protection. If you receive a payment that doesn't qualify for seller protection, you can choose to process the transaction as usual, or you can reject it by refunding your customer with all PayPal fees waived.

On larger value transactions that don't qualify for seller protection, you may wish to review the buyer for risk. Some of the ways to accomplish this are:

1. Review the buyer's eBay feedback or reputation.
  2. Does the buyer want express shipment regardless of the cost?
  3. Does the buyer want you ship to a country that isn't approved by PayPal? Such transactions should generally be avoided as the risk of problems is high.

A list of PayPal approved countries is available here.

The tips above can greatly reduce your potential for fraudulent transactions.

If you are facing any difficulties or would like to inquire further, kindly contact your local PayPal support line and they will proceed to assist you with your inquiry.

Login to Me Too

arungisyadi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_Siti,

Like I mentioned in my dispute claim, and on this thread. This is not a product shipped to the buyer, the buyer was trying to pay for subscription by asking me an invoice. I've explained the fraud scenario to your dispute team, and provide the screenshots of email conversation. Still your team in less than 24 hours decide to side on the buyer's side. So the question is this, how can it is called fair when PayPal decide to give back the money for someone who has been using our product for a month? When his subscription is due, and we send a new invoice the buyer decide to claim for a refund for the previous month. This is insane and really shows how PayPal does not support fair business practice and tend to side more to buyer without learning the real condition. I have another dispute claim, I have agreed to refund the money but it's now PayPal withholding the money that supposed to be received by my user that follow the rule.

Tell me, how can this be called fair?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.