How Do I Remove a Scam Bill?

GodlessHeathen
Contributor
Contributor

A Russian scammer posing as GoDaddy billed me for $60 a couple months ago. The invoice was an obvious scam and I did not pay it but it is now stuck in my account. Each time I log into my account I get a popup stating I have an unpaid bill. I've lodged complaints with PayPal but that didn't resolve anything. I've even called and asked why an obvious scammer is allowed to bill me but did not receive a coherent response. All I want is to remove the bill from my account but I don't see how to do that. It seems that scammers have more rights than members. Paypal deletes the names of scammers on this forum which hides their identity from honest patrons who need to know. Is there any way to cancel, remove or delete the scammer's bill?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

wirecreative
Contributor
Contributor

In the list of activity where the fraudulent bill appears, the "Pay" button has a downward arrow. Click the arrow for more options, including "Cancel." You will be able to remove the bill and send a nasty message to the Russian Godaddy imposter.

It would be nice if Paypal had a "Report" option for alerting them of a scam account

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.