How Do I Remove Business Mode Account?

mangodrawsstuff
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to sell art anomalously online without people fining out my full name so I made a business account. I now realize it ask for a ID photo and a Social Security Number which I do not wan't to give. Every time I try to close the business account i'm left with this message 

"Before you may withdraw funds by check you must confirm a non-P.O. Box address. You can confirm your address and request a check immediately by adding a confirmed address. Alternately, you can have funds directly transferred to you by adding a bank account."

This is not what the message was telling me before which was saying "I have a unpayed balance" or something in my account which denied me from removing the Business Account. I do not see any negative charges on my paypal so I'm very confused and frustrated with how paypal has been treating me. 

I have attempted a few times to try and connect to a customer service, but none of them had helped me at all considering it is all bots on the phone. I only wish to delete my paypal account before any unnecessary charges take place. I have removed my bank card hoping it would not charge that. I wish to delete my paypal account and I need help. If there is a way to talk to an actual person please let me know. The next solution I have is completely just logging out of my account and never touching it again, but i'm worried the website might charge me for something I did not wan't to have. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mangodrawsstuff 

If your account has zero balance or do not owe money to PayPal at the time when the system was asking for ID and SSN and also at the time of receiving these irregular error messages, then the only explanation is these message are technical glitches, unless you have another account or some another account was somehow linked to this account that is in the negative. Generally downgrades to personal accounts are handled by customer service. Know that even with a personal account an ID or SSN may be requested as well to verify your identity, complying with government regulations to prevent money laundering and anti-terrorism funding, etc.

This is PayPal user to PayPal user forum and we can only give general information as no one here has access to others' accounts to handle specific account issues, therefore please contact customer service again for assistance:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

If you do get a rep that you aren't comfortable talking with, or can’t assist, hang up and call again.  

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mangodrawsstuff 

If your account has zero balance or do not owe money to PayPal at the time when the system was asking for ID and SSN and also at the time of receiving these irregular error messages, then the only explanation is these message are technical glitches, unless you have another account or some another account was somehow linked to this account that is in the negative. Generally downgrades to personal accounts are handled by customer service. Know that even with a personal account an ID or SSN may be requested as well to verify your identity, complying with government regulations to prevent money laundering and anti-terrorism funding, etc.

This is PayPal user to PayPal user forum and we can only give general information as no one here has access to others' accounts to handle specific account issues, therefore please contact customer service again for assistance:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

If you do get a rep that you aren't comfortable talking with, or can’t assist, hang up and call again.  

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.