Hotrait - Should I return incorrect item delivered or should I keep it?

Tran9
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

On Sunday 1/07/2018 night I follow an link from Facebook to Hotrait web site and I ordered 2 items 9.88” 4K Full Touch Screen Streaming Media Dual Lens Mirror Dash Cam with the promotion buy 2 SAVE $50 (I paid with PayPal $US129.96 = $AU183.56) as shown in Figure 1 below and got a confirm Email as shown in Figure 2.

On Monday 16/07/2018 I received an incorrect items 2 x Rear-view Mirror Vehicle Traveling Data Recorder as shown in Figure 3 below.

On Tuesday 17/07/2018 I email to <removed> and request for replacement for the items that I have ordered, but I got no respond from them.

On Monday 23/07/2018 I sent a message via Paypal web site to request for a replacement and got a respond from Hotrait to return items to Hong Kong (<removed>) as shown in Figure 4, 

"Dear Customer, We’re sincerely sorry that our product can’t make you satisfied, you can return it to us if you want to. But please pay attention: 1.Please make sure the item and packing is intact. If it can’t meet our requests, we may not refund. 2. And, we only accept DHL or UPS as deliver method. Our return address:<removed>

So I escalated to Paypal to resolve this issue and Paypal requested that I return the items to China address <removed>, Shenzhen, GUANGDONG Province 518000 China" as shown in Figure 5.

"After careful review, we have determined that you are eligible for a refund. To qualify for this refund, please ship the items whose claims were granted back to the seller in their original condition and keep your tracking information. You are responsible for shipping and handling costs.

Please mail to:<removed>

The cost of return these two items to China is approx $AU40.

I keep thinking, if a Hotrait company (Zhaowei ShaSan Shopping Mall,  ShaJing Street, Baoan District, ShenZhen GuangDong) could not sent a correct item that I have ordered and not responding to my email for a week, should I trust this company?

Should I spend another $AU40 to return these items and will I get my $AU183.56 refund?

What if I return the items and did not get my refund I will lost a total of $AU223.6 with nothing in my hand?

Is Hotrait a Scam web site?

[Figure 1] Ordered 9.88” 4K Full Touch Screen Streaming Media Dual Lens Mirror Dash Cam

HotraitOrdered.jpg

[Figure 2] Hotrait confirm Email of the order.

HotraitConfirmEmail.jpg

[Figure 3] I received incorrect items 2 x Rear-view Mirror Vehicle Traveling Data Recorder.

HotraitDelivered.jpg

[Figure 4] Hotrait request to return items to<removed>

HotraitReturn1.jpg

[Figure 5] Paypal request return item to <removed>

HotraitReturn2.jpg

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

william2ny
New Community Member

Well done in tracking the many scam websites and names.  Seems this group has morphed into another set of websites bearing the following names.  The same scam, promising great electronics (backup camera- wirelss) at a low price then delivering a cheaper non matching product. 

Here are some of the current FB alias used by the same international group of thieves: Parkway shop, 

relifes.store, SHOPEPIP, Family.beer, Nonohair , tlike, carfirstrate.com, trumansworld.com , trendybubbles.com

I was able to pick them out quickly by their contact email <removed>.  But now some of the sites are changing their contact email.  Smart group of theives!

Login to Me Too

bisser66
Contributor
Contributor

Today I went to DHL office and ask what will be the cost of sending item to China.

From Bulgaria to China it is $61 USD!!! Almost what I have paid for this **bleep**. Also the DHL clerk told me that there is huge problem in China with customs. They can not release the returned items from their customs and finally you will remain with negattive of $60 USD for shipping cost and $80 USD for the mirror - $140 USD as a Total cost... That's why I simply wonder should I have to return it to this seller and to pay another $61 USD or just to keep it and to have a $5 dollars toy.

What are you thinking about it?

Login to Me Too

thefudd
New Community Member

Same problem here, but paypal doesn't give a **bleep**. They got their fees. 

Login to Me Too

JKDOS
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal told me today with a robot response that they will refund the shipping cost. However, the address I was told to ship to is invalid. Why would Paypal refund me $90 in shipping when they could just refund the item?

Login to Me Too

REMI_Guy
Contributor
Contributor

I went to the Post office to send mine back.  The Post Office refuse to sell it as Hong Kong forbid lithium batteries.  This would be why their Customs are holding the items for most people.  The item was sent to me from within the UK I believe, and the original packaging has a completely different address to that of the address PayPal provided.

I'm beginning to wonder whether I should charge for my time of dealing with this.

As for the list of websites, add www.Bingodone.com as I purchased from them but the company sending the item "Ivory Tower" are obviously linked to them.

I have told PayPal I cannot send the item as it is prohibited and await a response.  If needed I may try raising the issue with the office of fair trading to get matters such as these resolved properly.  I did not pay $160 or so so for a $5 toy.

I also can not locate the company on Companies House.  Paypal, please respond to my message asap as the length of time to correct this scam is just ridiculous.  The Seller account should have been frozen by now.

Login to Me Too

Anvalenz
Contributor
Contributor
I'm a victim too and PP is as accountable for this scam as the seller if they let this go on.
Login to Me Too

REMI_Guy
Contributor
Contributor

Just for all those following this.

I informed PayPal for the 3rd time that I cannot send it to Hong Kong without lying on the declaration and committing an illegal act.  Even then customs would stop and destroy it.

PayPal agreed to ask the seller to provide an additional address, even though I told them the address on the original packaging.  They gave the seller 72 hours to respond to which they didn't.  PayPal then reviewed my case for nearly 2 weeks and decided to close it saying I am not entitled to anything as I provided no return tracking information.  

So I called them again this morning and had had enough of the ridiculous service.  My claim has now been sent to the escalation team.  This is beyond a joke.  I have emails from the postal service, website addresses stating they are unsendable, I don't know what more they want.

PayPal Buyer protection is not what it once was and it is now structured in the SCAMMERS favour.  My honest advice is avoid using PayPal if possible.  Work more on Credit Card protection because PayPal don't seem to really care or listen.

Login to Me Too

Blond1
Contributor
Contributor

Is PayPal reading our discussion?

why they did not take any action, as it is obviously a cheater?

PayPal - buyers are waiting for answers??????

Login to Me Too

garypaul37
Contributor
Contributor

I had same item and same problem but did research found out they is no fully tracked service to china at reasonable price in relation to item cost call pp told them this told them. this is a returned postal scam. Under their protection It is not reasonable to pay the cost of postal that high in relation to cost of item and got a full refund. Unfortunately you sent Item back and can not provide a tracking number for pp to follow so can not now prove where the Item is. In future if this happens to anyone don’t send the item back just qoute to pp the unreasonable cost in relation to item price and the dispute should be sorted in your favor.

@DagmarT wrote:

I also got scammed with a vacuum.

I paid almost $ 60 and I got a toy not worth $ 5.

Filed a complain with PayPal and explained everything and they just say I must send the toy back to 

6F building4 Hao'er Jiarentai Industrial park, 164 Fengtang Rd, Yongfu Street, Bao'an DistrictShenzhen, GUANGDONG 518000.

First: the costs to send back the toy are higher than what I paid for the toy.

Second: my research in internet shows that this address doesn't exist.

For me LI XIAOWEN is clearly a scammer and I am surprised that PayPal doesn't react and blocks these scammers who use always the false address.

I really don't know if I can trust again PayPal, since I get the feeling that they prefer to support the scammers instead of the buyers/PP clients.

I am totally disappointed about PP.

Don’t return as they are no fully tracked service from uk to China. Just call pp and tell them this. This is  a return postal scam which they know about. They told me that they are investigating this seller. I got a full refund. Remind pp they are jointly responsible for the purchase and your are protected by them. Pp will make you go through a set procedure. Just call them up and tell them to start a dispute wait a few days call up if not heard from them and you should get it decided in your favor and get a full refund. I use to work for a credit card company and do disputes so found it quite easy to get a refund from pp. pp have To go through the set process but if you follow the steps you should end up getting a refund. Just Don’t send the item back I didn’t and I got a full refund. I have looked through a few different posts and have seen a lot scams related to this seller and different web sites run by them with hundreds of people been told by pp to send item back and not getting a refund from pp stick to your guns and tell pp you are been scammed and are protected by pp and want a full refund.

Login to Me Too

Blond1
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem and PayPal no helping. I´m disappointed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.