Hotrait - Should I return incorrect item delivered or should I keep it?

Tran9
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

On Sunday 1/07/2018 night I follow an link from Facebook to Hotrait web site and I ordered 2 items 9.88” 4K Full Touch Screen Streaming Media Dual Lens Mirror Dash Cam with the promotion buy 2 SAVE $50 (I paid with PayPal $US129.96 = $AU183.56) as shown in Figure 1 below and got a confirm Email as shown in Figure 2.

On Monday 16/07/2018 I received an incorrect items 2 x Rear-view Mirror Vehicle Traveling Data Recorder as shown in Figure 3 below.

On Tuesday 17/07/2018 I email to <removed> and request for replacement for the items that I have ordered, but I got no respond from them.

On Monday 23/07/2018 I sent a message via Paypal web site to request for a replacement and got a respond from Hotrait to return items to Hong Kong (<removed>) as shown in Figure 4, 

"Dear Customer, We’re sincerely sorry that our product can’t make you satisfied, you can return it to us if you want to. But please pay attention: 1.Please make sure the item and packing is intact. If it can’t meet our requests, we may not refund. 2. And, we only accept DHL or UPS as deliver method. Our return address:<removed>

So I escalated to Paypal to resolve this issue and Paypal requested that I return the items to China address <removed>, Shenzhen, GUANGDONG Province 518000 China" as shown in Figure 5.

"After careful review, we have determined that you are eligible for a refund. To qualify for this refund, please ship the items whose claims were granted back to the seller in their original condition and keep your tracking information. You are responsible for shipping and handling costs.

Please mail to:<removed>

The cost of return these two items to China is approx $AU40.

I keep thinking, if a Hotrait company (Zhaowei ShaSan Shopping Mall,  ShaJing Street, Baoan District, ShenZhen GuangDong) could not sent a correct item that I have ordered and not responding to my email for a week, should I trust this company?

Should I spend another $AU40 to return these items and will I get my $AU183.56 refund?

What if I return the items and did not get my refund I will lost a total of $AU223.6 with nothing in my hand?

Is Hotrait a Scam web site?

[Figure 1] Ordered 9.88” 4K Full Touch Screen Streaming Media Dual Lens Mirror Dash Cam

HotraitOrdered.jpg

[Figure 2] Hotrait confirm Email of the order.

HotraitConfirmEmail.jpg

[Figure 3] I received incorrect items 2 x Rear-view Mirror Vehicle Traveling Data Recorder.

HotraitDelivered.jpg

[Figure 4] Hotrait request to return items to<removed>

HotraitReturn1.jpg

[Figure 5] Paypal request return item to <removed>

HotraitReturn2.jpg

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

Tran9
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Finally, I got my Full refund from PayPal (i.e $129.96 USD + $36.31 AUD postage), after I have returned the incorrect items (i.e. 2 x Rear-view Mirror Vehicle Traveling Data Recorder) to the address as provided by PayPal in "6F building4 Hao'er Jiarentai Industrial park, 164 Fengtang Rd, Yongfu Street, Bao'an District, Shenzhen, GUANGDONG Province 518000 China" and I have provided PayPal with the Tracking ID of the returned item.

Thank you PayPal for protecting us from scammers and thanks everyone for your feedback and help... Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

zaizulia
Contributor
Contributor

Have you returned items using DHL or UPS?

Login to Me Too

DerekJC
Contributor
Contributor

I received a tent from these scammers, running the website molyesstore.com and advertising on Facebook.

This was the tent I wanted:

Hydraulic Tent.jpg

but this was the tent I received! This tent is worth £15 retail; the scammers charged me US$69.99 (£54) probably paid a couple of pounds!Tent Received.jpeg

So I raised a dispute with PayPal, who said I had to send it back to China tracked! The cost from the UK Royal Mail/Parcelforce was £47.50, but I paid £54, so my refund would essentially be only £7! After talking with a PayPal agent, explaining that I won't send it back for £7, I got a refund of £35, effectively losing £4 and ending up with a rubbish tent I'll never use.

Login to Me Too

DerekJC
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve given the tent to a friend for his daughters to use.
Login to Me Too

Tinkerbell06
Contributor
Contributor
Did you email them or call them? I have been scammed by the same seller but for a cleaning product. I paid $23.90 and it's worth $5! I would expect to find the item in the pound shop!
Login to Me Too

Boris2017
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal and these scam sites are working together to take peoples money then PayPal say to return the item at your expense and they have taken a long time to return your payment so the only ones that loose out are the customers.. I believe that PayPal are actually these scam sites so all they do is steal money from the customers and never make the companies that falsely advertise what they are selling. 

I would recommend not using PayPal and search the internet for details on each website that you are thinking of buying from I know thats what I am doing from now on. Its just cost 9dollars for the import costs and another 15dollars to send the item back,,,,, THats how they get you because it costs to send back so most people think Sod it and keep the item they never ordered, PayPal should demand photos of the item received and if they dont match the item advertised then a full refund should be given and the scam site pays for the return then they wont post incorrect items to customers 

BUT THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN BECAUSE PAYPAL ARE A PART OF THE SCAM

Login to Me Too

Benjalim
This piece of a flying cockroach website is definitely a FRAUD. This scum of a fraudster has more than one site. Here’s another scam site - Buyfun.shop. I ordered an item and it even came along with a professional-looking tracking system that allows you to check on the delivery progress. Sound legit right? So when a couple months passed and **bleep** nothing arrived at my doorstep, they claimed that the address I provided was an incomplete one, and my item was stuck in Shanghai, China, and there’s no refund, AND I need to pay extra to get the item redelivered. The fraudster sounded so genuinely angry that he or she had failed its duty because of my incomplete address that I actually believed that it was my incompetency to provide a proper mailing address - A bloody home address that I can write with both eyes closed for the past 2 decades. Somehow, I failed remembering my own address while shopping in buyfun.shop. So I told them that I would pay for the redelivery and gave them the complete address. To cut the long story short, the **bleep** replied very promptly and asked me to reconfirm my mailing address. They had deliberately taken out a tiny portion of my address, hoping that I would not realise it. Not falling for the scam the second time and so I replied with a very nasty email questioning his or her intelligence, threatening with a law suit (HA! The fraudster must be laughing his or her **bleep** off) and asking for a full refund. Instead of a refund, that **bleep** deactivated the ‘tracking progress’ of my item permanently. Poor item is currently stuck in China with no means of coming home to papa. Spread the words around for one less victim! I can’t get my refund ever, but I will pray for buyfun.shop and its scam associates to have a year of irresistable groin itch for every dollar cheated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.