Hototin

disgusted2max
Contributor
Contributor

I believe I have been scammed by the this company Hototin.   I placed an order from them, and I do not have an order confirmation in my email.   I creadted an account so that I could track my order.....today I am locked out of my account, so now there is no way of tracking my status.   I clicked on the link to reset my password, and it said they would email me, and never have emailed me.    On the paypal transaction, it doesn't have the Hototin name....it's got Danielle <removed> in for the payment.    What, if anything can be done?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

linda3403
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever actually TALK to a PayPal rep on the phone?  There is no reason, after all these complaints on this forum about this bogus website, that they should deny you for a 4th time.  Time to get nasty and demand to talk to a supervisor!  Out of principle alone, don't give up!

Login to Me Too

Rodneydperkins
Contributor
Contributor
After I posted this and copies on Facebook and Twitter and posted a message I would be doing this daily, I recieved another message 4 hours later from PayPal saying I would be getting a refund and they ruled in my favor. It's insane I had to fight so hard with so many complaints on here, Facebook, and Twitter about Hototin.
Login to Me Too

rev_hill

My Church was also a victim of this Company. I became suspicious after never receiving a confirmation from this company of my order. If you are denied, run the tracking information sent, and like others, you will find the item was not shipped by Hototin but amazon, and the items were not shipped to you. Jut to someone in your City and State. It is not a fast process and you must be diligent at making sure it does not fall through the cracks. I am receiving a refund to my church account and this company is not even in the US but in Shanghai so there is not much I can do legally, but I have reported them to ICANN and GoDaddy who host their domine name and I suspect multiple domains that when shut down will pop up again under a new domain. Before placing an online order with a new company I will call the company number from now on and run the address to be sure they exist. I implore PayPal to shut down this companies access to scam people using their services. It does not take a lot to verify this company is a scam. Sooner or later they are going to lose money as a result of this scam.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.