Hototin

disgusted2max
Contributor
Contributor

I believe I have been scammed by the this company Hototin.   I placed an order from them, and I do not have an order confirmation in my email.   I creadted an account so that I could track my order.....today I am locked out of my account, so now there is no way of tracking my status.   I clicked on the link to reset my password, and it said they would email me, and never have emailed me.    On the paypal transaction, it doesn't have the Hototin name....it's got Danielle <removed> in for the payment.    What, if anything can be done?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Rodneydperkins
Contributor
Contributor

i just talked to UPS. The seller is just grabbing someone elses tracking number. They number they used on me was not my name or my address. Be persistent.

Login to Me Too

linda3403
Contributor
Contributor

Being a UPS driver yourself, it"s great that you can have access to their security channels to stop this practice.   I wonder if the actual recipients of the UPS tracked "package" within the same town ever reported getting a package of whatever (rocks?) that they hadn't ordered???  From now on, I will only order from a site that I have researched better....Hototin had reviews and warnings that would have stopped me before even considering ordering anything, good price or not!  Please let the forum know if you get your money refunded from PayPal.  Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Rodneydperkins
Contributor
Contributor
The order the other person received was valid and not associated with Hototin. . Hototin somehow gets access to tracking numbers that are valid. But only tells PayPal town and delivery date. PayPal accepts that which is stupid.
Login to Me Too

chesster51
Contributor
Contributor

I too was scammed by Hototin. My experience was the same, no confirmation, phone calls won't connect, emails return "undeliverable". Also the issued tracking number. In my case a package was sent to my city and state, but not my address. Confirmed that with UPS. I think they fill a box with rocks or whatever to match the weight of the purchased product and send it  so it looks legit. I provided Paypal with that information and told them about all the posts here on the forum and in the end they sided with me and are reimbursing my credit card. 

Login to Me Too

Rodneydperkins
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for pushing and reporting this. I also bought something for $81 from them. Pretty common I guess. PayPal denied me like everyone else on here. Not sure why I use them if they offer no protection. I would have been better off using my credit card directly
Login to Me Too

PetCPR
Contributor
Contributor
I was fortunate - used my USAA credit card - they cancelled it for - returned my money - the company a month after I emailed them sent me the pacjage - which I asked to have returned becausr sizes were wrong - they said they do not do returns - well whatever because I got my money back.
Login to Me Too

lcul
Contributor
Contributor

I had exactly the same experience with HOTOTIN.  Ordered an item, paid w PP , never got confirmation or shipping info from HOTOTIN and never got the item,   so contacted PayPal.  They opened a case and found a shipping statement from the site saying it was delivered and w a tracking no.   I called UPS.  The tracking no. was valid for a purchase from AMAZON (which of course was not where i ordered from) and the address was to the right town but not to my address (UPS of course couldn't give me the address) ---but it was helpful to know, that's how HOTOTIN is able to make the tracking no. and delivery look valid.   I then re-contacted PayPal and while i held on the line they checked out this information and immediately processed a refund.  So keep trying!!!

Login to Me Too

Rodneydperkins
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks! I have been trying to do it via messaging because I read the horror stories of people being on hold for hours. If my third open dispute gets denied I will call in addition to my daily posting on Facebook and Twitter how bad the service is.
Login to Me Too

JustWhy
New Community Member

I just got ripped off by these people too. I felt weird from the minute I placed the order. I found them when I googled the printer I wanted and their price was good, $99.44. I didn't realize there was more of a problem than I thought until I went to file a claim and saw that they had provided a UPS tracking number. That number is why PayPal declined my claim. I just talked to three people at PayPal and finally got my money credited back to my account. Persistence definitely pays. But a quick google search of this company shows what a scam they are. I work from home and can see anyone coming up to my door. My item was a printer. I ordered another one, off Amazon this time, a day or two after I ordered the one from this sham site because I just had the feeling it was not good. Their information is fake, the address is fake and their UPS numbers have to be fake. I'm super happy I finally got my money back, but these scammers truly need to rot in hell. I'm off to report them to BBB now.

Login to Me Too

Rodneydperkins
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal denied me a 4th time for a fraud. Hototin is a scam. UPS confirmed to me the shipping number is someone else's number and address in my town. Ups told me to have PayPal call them and they would confirm. Instead PayPal called the customer again and denied my claim. All I can say is post your complaint against PayPal daily on Facebook. Twitter, and the community. PayPal is a scam. Use your credit card if you want protection not PayPal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.