Hototin Scam

luresmith
Contributor
Contributor

I was also a victim of fraud from Hototin. After making the purchase I realized it was a scam and when I went to cancel the transaction but there was no cancellation button. I then filed a claim. A few minutes later I called paypal and they said since the funds came out of my checking acct. they would not do anything about it. Well it's was a paypal transaction so I feel they should do something about it. I went to my bank and put a stop on the funds and thought everything was good but 2 days later paypal took the funds from my bank debit card even after a claim was filed. Since then I had my bank "burn" that card and issued me a new one. What I don't understand is why after all the fraud from Hototin does paypal continue to handle these transactions when they know Hototin is a fraud? Makes me wonder who all is in the scam. What I'm thinking of doing is contact the FBI and see what they can do to put these people behind bars and have an investigation launch in to paypal as well.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.