Horrible company to deal with on every level

Jamesgriffiths6
New Community Member

I've been in contact with paypal, everyday now since Thursday. All about limitations on my account, I first spoke to a guy on Thursday, who told me once I paid my outstanding balance from my old account, all the limitations will be lifted off my accounts within 24 hours, and I'll be able to access my old & new account. 

Safe to say he didn't have a clue what he was talking about, because come Friday at 3pm (24 hours from thursday), all the limitations are still on my account i'm trying to use. So as per, as i'm sure everyone else has done, you try get in touch with them, via their horrible, horrible customer service (if you could call it that) team on the phone/message centre. You can't get through to speak to anyone on the phone, unless you're ringing to pay a negative balance? Which if you ask me says a lot about the company itself. They're fine with taking your money, but when it comes to any other form of customer service, they are the least transparent, hard to deal with, annoying, lazy and downright rude team out there. Not to mention the absolute shambles that is the message centre, some companies that aren't even as big, have better operating, more well put together live chats, where you get paired with a representative, and they will talk you through how to rectify your issues. Not paypal though. Staggered replies, speaking to about 6 people at once over a period of time, and half of them don't even have a clue what theyre talking about, to add insult to injury!

So Saturday came, limitations are still on both my accounts, I call up the customer service team, and sit on the phone for another 2 and a half hours, to only get cut off, I decided enough is enough and call the collections team (seen as though they seem to be the only team working on the phones, and they answer within about 10 seconds.) I speak to one guy first, who tells me there is nothing he can do, while also still messaging the message centre, he tells me I have SRO limitations on my account, doesn't make much sense, but I felt myself losing it, so I put the phone down, because we wasn't getting anywhere. So later in the evening I decide to ring back, and get a girl who manages to lift the limitations of my old account so I can finally access it! Theres me thinking, "surely we must be close to the end now, hopefully everything will be sorted soon". How I was wrong.

So I leave it for another day, thinking, maybe i'll wake up tomorrow, and because my old account is now accessible, maybe the limitations off my new account will go and i'll be able to transfer my money over, shut down my accounts, and never deal with paypal again. I wake up Sunday morning, to a message on the message centre, from a lady going "its with great pleasure your account has been fully restored!" I'm thinking, great stuff, we're finally sorted. Get on my laptop, check to see if i can transfer money over to my bank account, no. Both the limitations are still there. Why would they message, to say everything is resolved, when it quite clearly isn't? Is that the incompetence we're dealing with here?

All in all, this is the most horrible company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with, and I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy used it. They are a worldwide, multinational, powerhouse of a company, that struggle to even answer the phone unless its to take money they are owed, otherwise you're left in the dark with no help, a terrible messaging service where you get to speak to someone once every 12 hours if that. 

I have no doubt i'm nowhere near the end of this facade, Paypal, I never want to use you again.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

dawn48
New Community Member

I agree, since February (it's august)I have been struggling to have a person respond to me. I can only assume the communicator window is a automated response, and not actually a person, b/c no human being can be that stupid. Paypal wants me to return a product-except the address they provided does not exist-therefore I cannot return the product. Paypals response, provide tracking info. How can I provide tracking info, when paypal never provided a legal address ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.