Holiday refund

MjGtr34
Contributor
Contributor
Can Paypal help me get a refund from a hotel on booking . Com, I paid in full over €900 and now we we are in lockdown I will not be able to travel due to government guidelines. The hotel refuse to refund me and are going to keep my payment even although I will not be able to go.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hello @MjGtr34, thank you for reaching us here in the Community forum. We hope you're doing well! If the hotel refused to initiate a refund for your reservation, you can definitely file a dispute using Item/Service not received claim through PayPal's Resolution Center. Please file a dispute beyond the booking date that was reserved to you so PayPal will able to do its part. The link below is the guide on how to file a claim. I hope this helps! Stay safe and stay at home! https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/what-if-i-didn't-receive-my-item-or-it's-not-as-advertis...

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hello @MjGtr34, thank you for reaching us here in the Community forum. We hope you're doing well! If the hotel refused to initiate a refund for your reservation, you can definitely file a dispute using Item/Service not received claim through PayPal's Resolution Center. Please file a dispute beyond the booking date that was reserved to you so PayPal will able to do its part. The link below is the guide on how to file a claim. I hope this helps! Stay safe and stay at home! https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/what-if-i-didn't-receive-my-item-or-it's-not-as-advertis...
Login to Me Too

MjGtr34
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for this information! I appreciate the advice and will open a dispute after the date of the holiday ! Stay safe ! X
Login to Me Too

LinkedinM
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @MjGtr34 

Be careful as you only have 180 days from the date of purchase.

****If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Thanks!****

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.