Himeton.com -> ALANDMART -> SCAM/FRAUD

ibis48
New Community Member

Hi!

Yesterday i made a purchase from himeton.com and it turned out to be a scam.
I have requested to paypal the communication with the seller, from which I imagine that I will not have an answer and later I will pass it on to a claim.

Are the steps correct?

Will I get my money back?

Thanks guys

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

KarmanChan
Contributor
Contributor
I have got the same problem too Turns out the site is not available today and I am extremely worry it will use my personal details
Login to Me Too

mluft
Contributor
Contributor

if paypal didnt help do a chargeback over credit card or sepa direct debit, depends what is linked with your paypal account

Login to Me Too

mluft
Contributor
Contributor

if paypal didnt help do a chargeback over credit card or sepa direct debit, depends what is linked with your paypal account. than its the problem of paypal

Login to Me Too

Gabbynh
New Community Member
Had the same issue, ordered item through Instagram ad and today the website no longer exists!
Login to Me Too

CBC3
New Community Member
I ordered mine last Monday. Within a couple of days the website was gone. I’ve spoken with PayPal and they have said to wait until the end of the delivery time (12-20 working days) then process the claim. They have said I’d get a full refund
Login to Me Too

kowens2013
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order on August 14. I emailed them a few days later since I never got an order confirmation other than the confirmation from PayPal that payment was sent. I got a reply later that day saying it would be sent priority between August 20-30. I emailed back on September 4 asking for a tracking number so I could know when to expect it. I haven't heard anything back and sent another email today (September 11) advising that I will be opening a claim with PayPal if I do not hear anything back soon. The website is still up, but it shows the item as sold out. This is the first time I tried ordering something I saw off an online ad and it was a gift for a friend. Really hoping this does not turn out to be a scam, but I'm not too hopeful about that...

Login to Me Too

Richlee
I ordered on 15th Aug, still waiting. I've put in a claim, and after emailing the seller have had contact saying that "they will ship soon. Said that as its a 'hot deal' product it's been a little slow, (due to pandemic etc), please be patient and good luck" That was 5days ago. Still no confirmation on shipping or tracking details
Login to Me Too

kowens2013
Contributor
Contributor

Same here! I have finally heard from them again and now they are offering to give me $5 back since it is taking so long to process. They still haven't told me when it will actually process and I am skeptical to accept any money back in case that is some way for them to gain access to my account or invalidate a claim in some way.

Login to Me Too

Skippypb19
New Community Member
I’ve definitely had this same problem, but they will not respond to me. They apparently provided “proof” to PayPal that the item was delivered, despite the fact that everything indicates that it never shipped. PayPal closed my ticket and also said that the purchase does not qualify for purchase protection. I’m bummed.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.