Highlife technology glasses

Belfastyorkie
Contributor
Contributor

Advertised as close, middle distance and far distance viewing for £19, the received item was a standard pair of reading glasses one can buy in cheap shops for about a£1 with the sticker 2.50 still on them.

contacting PayPal because it appeared to be a scam, I was informed to return the item at my cost via registered or tracking post and indicated I qualified for a refund.

it wasn’t it appears guaranteed and any refund would not include the return delivery costs.

needles to say I do not intend to throw good money after bad, but am disappointed at the PayPal response regarding what is clearly a scam.

to avoid my mistake in trusting the advertiser, Paypal and those involved in the scam, you should either not purchase the items advertised or buy them with a credit card that appears to offer better protection.

purchasing if possible of eBay appears to provide better protection too.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Belfastyorkie 

Yep sadly the cost of return often is more than the tat item is worth.

Always look out for these scam Chinese websites, easy to spot.

BUT just in case you haven't also activate the return shipping on us link in your paypal account as paypal contribute to all those return costs.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

uss1trek2
Contributor
Contributor
False advertising a bunch of crooks all you get is a pair of 300 pluse reading glasses it’s a scam
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.