Highlife Technology Ltd.

Mmax_T
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all
I clicked on an add in my Instagram and saw the add " SAVE 150$ [NOW]-Z Flex Tilt Head " for 34.99 USD I checked other online options and saw what they are advertising is around 70 USD.  I ordered the product and what I received is the cheapest plastic version of the Z Flex tilt head.
when I informed PayPal they asked me to return the item.
the cost of sending this back is 70 CAD !!!!  and side with the seller....

anyone has any suggestion?
Greatly appreciated

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

Mythicboot123
Contributor
Contributor
Honestly, I have no idea how Paypal still allow these scammers run such scum business on there platform. I saw one of those ads on facebook, didn’t think much, bought it, and realized I F up. Paypal dispute policies also favours these scammers. 10-30days period before I get the refund? So disappointed.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mythicboot123 

Paypal gives 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection, the rest is up to us to risk assess our transactions, its not an insurance policy.

Also Facebook does not vet sellers.

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

peter_bu
Contributor
Contributor
Had the same problem .. thought I was buying from someone local .. should not be allowed ... returned the item via normal post, supplied proof of posting to PayPal and received a refund .. that would be my advice to any unhappy buyers .. Well done and thank you PayPal
Login to Me Too

ocastillor
Contributor
Contributor
I lost my money, PayPal gave them the reason and they won the dispute, it is incredible.
Login to Me Too

RonEscamillo
Contributor
Contributor
When you order something online, you expect to get what you pay for. I'm a disabled veteran. I ordered a harness for my service dog. She's an Australian Shepherd, a medium sized dog, what they sent me would fit a saint Bernard. Needless to say we can't use it because it falls off of her. When I reported this to highlife technology I was told to return it, to China, at my own expense. Which is basically the same amount I paid for the harness in the first place. Only to get a refund of my money from original order. so I'm basically out the price of one harness. The other option they gave me was to keep the harness and they would refund me half of my money. Still leaving with a harness that's useless to me. And out half my money. I shouldn't these shady practices be vetted prior to being allowed to use PayPal services?
Login to Me Too

bplim2020
Contributor
Contributor

I bought the dog harness and 360° Sightseeing Transparent Breathable Pet Travel Bag. Payment all made. They sent over and I missed to put in my house unit number. The whole shipment was returned to Guangzhou, China. I have written more than 5 times to the service support. They responded once and after that did not respond anymore. It's so unethical and poor follow up service. They collected the money and did not even bother to resend the shipment, even I am willing to pay the shipping charges...

Login to Me Too

Colleenes
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, only they did not offer me 1/2 refund. I am perplexed as to why Paypal has association with this seller. Paypal has been notified (through disputes etc) of how rotten a seller they are. 

Login to Me Too

Runningbearhb
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase recently for my wife. I have tried to track the shipment (if there ever was one) but can't find a way to track....but going by these messages I read here I may as well count it a loss of my money as well. They leave no way to track, email, or call to find out where it is on their websites.All one can do is sit around  playing with their thumbs and wait. Yea, wait for nothing.  I too would like to know why PayPal backs them???  I thought higher of PayPal !!!!  Now I wonder. PayPal hasn't offered to help me at all. I sent them one inquiry for help they emailed me back that they were not going to do anything. Their dispute center is for the birds (the wild birds) too. Takes forever to get through their maze to even make a contact with them. They gave me a phone number months back to call for PayPal. I still got it too. Used it too. Will use it again !!

This Highlife Technology and PayPal too stinks.

Login to Me Too

heathertonf
New Community Member
I ordered and paid for a dog harness on 4/5 and still have not received it. I’m worried I won’t get it now with all the post about this company scamming people.
Login to Me Too

RFinch1986
New Community Member
I placed my order on 3/25/19 and I still haven't received it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.