Highlife Technology Ltd.

Tony1122
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a drone over a month ago and no emails have been answered and the tracking number is wrong the same as many of you in this community. my question has anyone actually gotten a drone from this bunch and did it actually work and how long did it take to get it? did you have to file a dispute with paypal to speed it up or did you just wait? thanks Tony1122

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tony1122

Your best bet is to hope it doesn't arrive and file for non receipt for a refund.

We get more disputes on here for 'item received but not as described' from these Chinese websites than anywhere else.

You will get a cheap tatty item nothing like the picture and your 'bargain' will be a waste of money and then to return it if you win a dispute will cost you more money (often more than its worth).

Social media 'bargain' sales or websites with no contact info apart from an email address = Chinese sub-standard / sometimes dangerous tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tony1122

Your best bet is to hope it doesn't arrive and file for non receipt for a refund.

We get more disputes on here for 'item received but not as described' from these Chinese websites than anywhere else.

You will get a cheap tatty item nothing like the picture and your 'bargain' will be a waste of money and then to return it if you win a dispute will cost you more money (often more than its worth).

Social media 'bargain' sales or websites with no contact info apart from an email address = Chinese sub-standard / sometimes dangerous tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jjcs
Contributor
Contributor

I too have been a victim of highlife techonology ltd last Oct 22. 2018.  I bought that drone, but

i never arrived.  They even have this bogus courier company POSTNL.COM.    I hope a case can be filed

against them so that their victims can get the refund... 

Login to Me Too

pjdunn43
New Community Member

Mine arrived and it was rubbish.  Would not work as the instructions stated Which were in English but completely impossible to understand.  I tried googling to find any better instructions with no results and cannot even find the model they sent which appears to be different to their advert.  I wish it hadn’t arrived and I could have claimed my money back.

Login to Me Too

Michelle456
New Community Member

Also going under Bop Shop. I've seen a few different names as well.Items nothing at all like what I ordered, and returning them would cost over twice the cost of the item. No response on email from the company, and shipment took over 60 days, which is the cutoff date to challenge a charge on some credit cards.  PayPal needs to end their relationship with this fraudulent company. They have cost PayPal at least one account....

Login to Me Too

phaynes179

I wish I had read this forum before buying. Goods nothing like and damaged.

Login to Me Too

Tony1122
Contributor
Contributor
I finally got the drone in after a month of waiting someone from the email actually emailed me back and gave me a good dhl tracking number. Surprisingly it works fine. The battery only last 8 min. But it flies great and takes good pictures and video. I'm very shocked that it did anything after reading everyone's comments for a $68.00 toy drone it works really well I've had a lot of fun with it. Good luck to everyone. Thanks again Tony1122
Login to Me Too

BJHJayhawk
New Community Member

My question is WHY is this company still allowed to operate? Why is PayPal continuing to PayPal customers to send money to this company with so many fraudulent claims & disputes, not just in the PayPal Community but a simple search of this company screams RED FLAG. Unfortunately I think I got scammed too, they sent me a bogus DLH shipping number. 

Login to Me Too

deltamike
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal are still supporting these scammers and rule in their favour. I recently bought a pair of spectacles..the ad said they were from Germany and top of the range technology lenses. When they arrived, they were the same as the cheap ones from the £ shop ($ shop in the US)...when I complained, they ruled that they were as described and closed the case. I have repeatedly emailed Highlife Tech  on their paypal address but never receive any reply. Absolute scam.

Login to Me Too

Ghanaghirl
Contributor
Contributor
So angry with myself, I'm usually pretty savvy with purchases but I too have been ripped off with these cheap nasty glasses 😡 I can't even use them as reading glasses as they are too strong! I used PayPal to try and protect my payment but after reading your comment it would appear I wasted my time and money.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.