Highlife Technology LTD

Perry717
New Community Member

Highlife Technology LTD. sent me the wrong merchandise - and on purpose - their business is a fraud!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Perry717

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Perry717

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ribert
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a wig that I saw on FACEBOOK! I ordered Buttered toast which is a blonde but they sent an entirely different wig in a dark brown! Why should I have to pay postage to send it back to China when this was their irresponsiblity! This website is a scam and I’m very upset that Facebook would allow such fraudulent practices! Please help!
Login to Me Too

Smileyheart5678
New Community Member
They sent me a plug in item that is not comparable with US electric sockets. Cant use it and they want me to return for refund. FRAUD
Login to Me Too

sapy
Contributor
Contributor

I purchase 2 pairs of variafocle glasses with bendy frames and received two pairs of +2.5 reading glasses with standard frames.  What they have sent are worth about £2 each.  THey say to get a refund I have to return them to China (although a UK Ltd co.) and they even say which carrier I have to use.  THis will cost far more than the rubbis they have sent is worth

Login to Me Too

deltamike
Contributor
Contributor
I bought glasses from this bunch of scammers and when I repeatedly asked to return them under their 100% money back guarantee, they refuse to reply. Paypal was no help at all. I am entitled under UK consumer laws to return these for a refund. BEWARE OF THESE SCAMMERS, SHAME ON PAYPAL FOR SUPPORTING THEM
Login to Me Too

agrieved
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, me too. $24 for $1 glasses and even then they were damaged and distorted. When I complained they said send them back knowing full well thats not an economic option.

I'm just spreading the word about this bunch of scammers.

Ray.

Login to Me Too

NigelDavies66
Contributor
Contributor

I also just received 2 pairs of glasses, costing $30.69 which arr not as advertised on Facebook, not the bendy and vari focal as described. These are just cheap 2.5 magnification reading glasses worth £2 or less a pair from What store or Home bargains!

I cannot see any further than 2m with these!

This is a scam.

I have contacted them through Paypal, awaiting a reply

Login to Me Too

MattL123

Same here, wish I would've seen this before I ordered them. Garbage is what they are and to mail back to China what a scam. And PayPal is ok with this! It is why I used PayPal to pay for the product in the first place. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi MattL123,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

With these kind of claims, we would request the item to be returned and a tracking number provided from you to show the item has been delivered back to the seller. Once we confirm the seller has received the item, you will be refunded in full. 

PayPal can help you with the return cost of an item. You will find more details here.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.