Hi! I got scammed and paypal close the case in there favor. what can be done?

Cakiara
Contributor
Contributor

Hello
I really need help and i don't know what to do.
I bought a item back in 2nd of Jan from [Website] <removed>
The store is offline for a long time and i couldn't contact them.
The Item was a [leather bed] <removed>
After wait 3 months and no answer from them i open a case on paypal on 27/03/2020 and then paypal closed the case on 04/04/2020 in favor of the seller.
The seller wrote this:["LL995498954CN, runchengtong"] <removed> and won the case. i checked that tracking number and it say i got something on day 01/04( i open the case 6 days before). I didn't sign anything that day and i got a small pack on mail that day. it was a baby spoon..

I can't reopen or defend myself. what can i do? what should i do? Help please

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Cakiara

I hope you're doing well! 

We apologize if you're having a hard time reopening the case. The original case that seems you filed is Item not received claim, since seller shipped an item confirmed by the tracking, we close the original case. Since you received a completely different Item then we need to reopen the case using "Significantly not as described" case. There's no option to reopen the case in your end, you will need to contact Customer service to appeal and reopen the case.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages.
Use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in.
Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
You may contact Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter

I hope this helps! Stay Safe! 

Login to Me Too

Cakiara
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

First, thank you for answer me.

I can't open a new case with "Significantly not as described". I only got 2 options:  I want to report "unauthorized activity" and "I have a billing issue".

I am from Portugal and due the Cov-19 the phone support is close. 

There is anything else i can do?

Regards,

Catarina Silva

Login to Me Too

timmiay
New Community Member

Literally the same exact thing happened to me. I used the paypal messenger thing and messaged on facebook and also called them with no success. This is extremely frustrating. I can't believe paypal would support scammers especially during times like this when people are most vulnerable.

Thanks paypal!

Login to Me Too

Jean116
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, exactly the same happened to me. PayPal rejected my claim in favor the fraudulent seller.I’m being scammed because I believe it’s safe to do transactions though PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Jean116
Contributor
Contributor
They do protect the seller because they collect a fee from the transaction.
Login to Me Too

tt6203
Contributor
Contributor

Me too and Im very frustrated with Paypal. They closed my dispute the day I filed it because it was an 'authorized' purchase. Yet, they are not concerned when I cannot contact the seller who 5 months later sends me a toy spinner instead of the furniture I ordered. There has to be something we can do. Mine came from the same sender as you- runchengtong - but no other way to contact seller. I can only imagine how much money this jerk has stolen!

Login to Me Too

Paul2105
Contributor
Contributor
This has just happened me also with the same seller. I ordered 2 40kg dumbells and got a patatoe peeler in the shape of a tomato through my letter box. I notified PayPal and the ongoing dispute I had was shanged to item not as described. I sent them pics of order number of package to show it was the same as order number for my dumbells. PayPal have now closed the case in favour of seller. Have you had a resolution to this sense?
Login to Me Too

tt6203
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly- they send something so you can’t say you didn’t received your order- and they wait until the 180 days are almost over- not to mention you can’t get in touch with the vender to try to ‘resolve’ the issue.
Login to Me Too

Jean116
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, unfortunately nothing you can do since the transaction made though PayPal. I got scammed and PayPal denied my case too. My advice start using Amazon where your money will be 100% safe.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.