Helpless after dispute?

Myles_B
Contributor
Contributor
After having an order delivered to my house whilst at work, the delivery driver had signed for the package in my name and forged my signature. I asked for the package to be delivered to my neighbour, which was ignored, and never received it. I contacted the seller directly over the course of a week, with little-to-no reply, so I opened a Dispute. After another week, I escalated said Case, however it was “ruled in their favour” because “it was delivered”. The company refuses to reply to my emails and even cites that me raising a Dispute nullifies any correspondence - PayPal insists I work with them directly. What am I supposed to do, having been the victim of either fraud, theft or both, and with nobody seemingly willing to help rectify this situation? Any advice appreciated, Myles
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Myles_B 

Sorry but why would the seller have to compensate you when they did everything asked of them?

This is between you and the delivery company and the seller may help you with any claim against them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Myles_B
Contributor
Contributor
I think you may be confused, or have misread my post, because I fail to see how not fulfilling an accepted request to deliver to my neighbour and forging my signature is “what I asked of them”. Furthermore, the issue lies with the seller as well as the courier, because the seller has my money in exchange for goods provided, goods I did not receive. The issue is then with the courier company on behalf of the selling company, no? Excuse me if I’m missing something here.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Myles_B 

Yes but thats not the sellers fault is it so opening a dispute to make the seller pay you back would be very unfair on them.

It was the delivery company that made the mistake and did not deliver to the requested address so your complaint is with them to resolve not the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Myles_B
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t attach blame to them, however they’re entirely liable for the service they use, it’s not as if I can take out a dispute against the delivery company because the transaction only goes through the seller. The courier service are silent and unresponsive so please inform what other route of action I should’ve taken? Just to reiterate, the initial purchase was 18/06/19, I only raised the dispute after 3 weeks of silence and ignorance.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Myles_B 

You can take action against the delivery firm 'with the help of the seller'. However the seller can't claim from the delivery firm for non receipt of item as ITS SHOWING AS DELIVERED.

The failure to delivery was on your end so you need to take it up with the delivery firm with the sellers help if that firm requires the original documentation of sending the item.

If neither the seller or the delivery firm will help you then you have the option of private legal action against the delivery firm if you want to go down that route.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Myles_B
Contributor
Contributor
I’m still unsure why you have replied to this thread whatsoever, I know or have stated all the information you’ve regurgitated back at me. Yes, I know~ the seller won’t take responsibility. Yes, I know~ it’s the couriers fault. Yes, I understand~ what “LISTED AS DELIVERED” means, and the connotations. Very obviously, if neither will reply to me I’ll have to use a different outside party if the one I actually paid through won’t help me whatsoever. I was asking for advice from someone who had a similar issues resolved, whether support was available to pursue the delivery company through PayPal or via the seller with PayPal’s communication as NEITHER will respond, nor have done for weeks, leaving me trying this as an option, nearly TWENTY days later. Again, thank you for your ‘contribution’.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Myles_B 

''Your welcome'' you 'know' a lot but still have not grasped the salients points but whatever.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Cruella
Contributor
Contributor
I disagree. The seller is responsible. As I dont believe the shipping company will deal with you, it needs to the shipper who files a complaint. Good luck
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cruella 

What would the seller file a complaint for??

Non-receipt? Won't work as item is showing as DELIVERED to the buyer.

The fact is the delivery company signed for the item themselves so its between the buyer and the delivery company.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.