Help

Zahid111
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I bought a tent from the seller. Tent was fully faulty and I send lots of pictures to the seller. Seller drugged the matter long and agreed to pay the refund. Suddenly he disappear and stop to communicate. I informed him if he doesn't keep his promise then I will inform PayPal. Then he replied that money transferred. Which was lie. Because his plan was drugged the matter over three months. I didn't receive the money few weeks and I informed him. But no reply. After that I contact PayPal and seller refund the money to PayPal. I contacted seller to inform that I am happy to return the broken tent but he have to provide me the postage cost including large box(cost will be £25). He didn't reply to me or inform me anything. I didn't do anything wrong. I paid for a good tent and got a broken tent. In that case if seller want the tent back then he should pay for the postage cost. Today I received email from PayPal to say that PayPal refuse my payment because seller didn't receive his tent. I am not demanding any extra money.what should I do now? Zahid
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zahid111 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zahid111
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much for the information. I never had a bad experience like this time. I will try to follow your instructions. I already made a complaint to the Financial ombudsman. Let's hope for the best. Have a great day.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.