Help

Johnsteve
Contributor
Contributor
I am new to paypal and i used a fake name to create my paypal account,then i recieved a payment,paypal emailed me saying i have to prove my identity to receive the money because its above eu limit for an unverified account, but i dont have de documents cos thats not my real name, so will de money be returned to the sender?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Johnsteve,

Thank you for your post! While account specific assistance isn't possible via the community, I'm happy to help with the general information that should apply in this situation. In a situation like the one that you describe, the account would be limited and any received funds would be held for 180 days. After that time, you would be emailed with instructions for withdrawing the funds. If there are no options for withdrawal available on the account, you can contact a customer service representative to request that they look into the possibility of returning the funds to the sender. A representative can review the situation and determine if that is feasible or not.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.