Help with uploading evidance files to a claim

olsenme
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

I am working on solving a dispute case (claim) of an item "not as described".
I was the seller. The buyer didn't understand how to use the item and he wouldn't listen to my advice and didn't losen the transport safety screws.
Instead he modified the item, causing damage to it and then he wanted to return it.
I accepted the return, hoping I could repair the damage he'd done and sell it again.

But he didn't pack the item adequately and it arrived back here completely damaged.

First an Ebay case was closed in my favor based on evidence including photos and a third part statement, that Ebay requested.

Next the buyer opened a Paypal case.
The Paypal case was closed in favor of the buyer, because Paypal merely looked at the tracking info telling that the
item was in fact returned. They didn't see, or didn't care about - the previous Ebay case or any of the documentation
I uploaded to both Ebay and Paypal.
Paypal granted the buyer a full refund, shipping and all, and they even charged me a 14 euro dispute fee.

In the latest message from Paypal in the message center, they tell me that I must understand that the item was
damaged by me - not the seller.
So now they think I am the buyer!
Paypal really got things mixed up this time.

Of course I have now appealed Paypals decision, because I sit with proof of my being in the right.
Paypal has reopened the case and asked me to upload a statement from a third party.
I already uploaded it to the message center (a few times) before Paypal closed the case, but apparently
they don't see it there.
Anyway, I am now being asked to upload the statement and they tell me to go to the resolution center and choose upload file using the actions button.
BUT - the only action I can choose is to "Respond", and when I click that button, the only thing I can
choose is to confirm reception of the item whereafter Paypal will complete the refund.

Seeing as Paypal apparently don't see uploaded files in the message center (and only reads messages there every other week or so), I cannot reply to any of their emails, and the upload option they tell me to use isn't available,
I have no means of getting the information to them.

Years ago, I could fax documents. Is this still possible?

How can I get the files to Paypal?
What can I do?

Martin

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

olsenme
Contributor
Contributor

Perhaps someone with access to the right buttons read my post above.
Now the button became visible and I have uploaded the documents.   🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.