Help with trying to get refund from scam purchase.

Zyris
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I purchased two sailor moon wax sealing stamp kits from z trading. They sent me a single clear bead in a tiny yellow padded envelope. I opened a claim with paypal. Paypal says the seller will issue a full refund if I mail the product(s) back. The bead was originally shipped from: Customer Name: <Removed> In these directions with the claim I am supposed to ship the bead to China. Half the address is in Chinese that I can't read. 510000 Second line a bunch of Chinese letters China I think it's a bogus address. Is there a way to expedite this address. I know I am being scammed out of my refund. Should I mail the bead to the bogus Chinese address? Should I try to mail to the Chino CA address? Do I put signature required upon delivery? I have to pay for the return shipping. I am not sure how this works. Please help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Zyris
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has helped and resolved my issue. The pandemic has slowed communication, but I talked to a couple different employees through the messaging center over a couple days. The initial response time to start my conversation was 24 - 36 hours. I did not have to return the bead back. I filled out an official crime report with a government agency and submitted a copy to PayPal. I then received my full refund. Thank you PayPal.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zyris 

Contact customer services for a translation of the address for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zyris
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the reply. Due to the pandemic, I can't reach a live person. Everything is run by AI autobots. I don't have Twitter. I tried Facebook. I tried calling, only AI is there. When they transferred me to a live person, I was told the live call center is closed. I tried emailing, no response back yet. Messaging through the customer support portal, no response back yet either. AI said it can be hours before someone will respond. I looked for reviews before purchasing. There was no reviews. Norton antivirus even said it was a safe site. About five days after the purchase, I started seeing reviews questioning if the site is a scam. Norton also says the site is fraudulent. I tried canceling my purchase through PayPal, the item wasn't shipped yet and the money wasn't taken out yet, but PayPal wouldn't let me.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Zyris
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has helped and resolved my issue. The pandemic has slowed communication, but I talked to a couple different employees through the messaging center over a couple days. The initial response time to start my conversation was 24 - 36 hours. I did not have to return the bead back. I filled out an official crime report with a government agency and submitted a copy to PayPal. I then received my full refund. Thank you PayPal.
Login to Me Too

DENISE1904
New Community Member
All I want is my money back and for these people to be prosecuted. This is ridiculous
Login to Me Too

Musgravite
New Community Member

Since the website I purchased from was in FLORIDA and the fake shipment came from CHINO CALIFORNIA, I did not return the fake item to CHINA at a my own expense of $40 to God knows what as I don't read CHINESE. US Post Office couldn't put the address on it in CHINESE. I did however enjoy reporting this FRAUD to the FBI, the FTC and the Postal Inspector. I would think that Paypal would enjoy knowing who is using thier services to perpetuate FRAUD, and divorce themself from that ABUSE.  PP-D-106709195 case denied, because I didn't send the stupid trinket to CHINA @ $40 postage.  Is there a way to submit copies of my reports to the Govt agencies to Paypal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.