Help with sketchy iPhone unlock service business

Cflorez2020
New Community Member
I think I am a victim of an employment scam. The scammer has been very tricky and I have a feeling he’s trying to use my account for fraud. He claims he does iPhone unlock services but I noticed a number of people opened a case and when I brought it to the scammer he told me to refund them with money from other people. I’m very scared I’m going to be in trouble when I didn’t know. Please can someone email me or give me advice
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cflorez2020 

So, you're receiving money for this person with your own PayPal account and sending it to him through other means(?) Is that the scam? And then those who sent you money previously are disputing? And in the meantime you have others sending in money...and you're told to use those funds to refund the disputes? You are pretty much liable for the amount that you have already sent the guy. And you might as well refund those who have sent you funds that you haven't given to the guy yet.

I don't know if it'll do any good but I will leave you info on how contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

If you have this guy's info, you might as well file a police report on him to support your case with PayPal. File an ic3.gov report as well.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Mt37771
New Community Member
In my case it just stated that I authorized $520 towards some unlock program.
Login to Me Too

Mt37771
New Community Member
No The money happened to be there , not authorized by me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.