Help with recent craiglist purchase

RushNYC
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Yesterday I found an item on Craigslist NYC which I was interested in. I contacted the seller who wrote to me telling me that he has now moved the item to another state and but that I may purchase it via PayPal for my protection and he will ship it to me. I purchased the product using PayPal goods and services and have documented all of our communication. He has gone silent on email (I know It has been less than 24hrs but he was very responsive before). I am now becoming nervous about the purchase. I am not that familiar with PayPal so I tried to ask PayPal whether my purchase qualified for buyer protection but could not find a general email address to write to. I sent a general dispute on the payment to PayPal simply asking whether I am covered and received a response that my claim was denied (even though I wasn’t intending to file one - just ask a question). My questions are now - is my purchase covered? Did I invalidate any coverage by submitting a “claim” even though my intent was just to ask a question. Is there some way to just ask PayPal general questions? It seems there are just claims and FAQs? Thanks for the help! Happy to provide more details.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.