Help with providing receipt or invoice for item and lifting these restrictions on my money

Joshualewis164
Contributor
Contributor
I recently posted on here for my account being limited due to a sell I made on eBay for the first time. I have only been using pay PayPal since the 31st so 4 days or so. I sell items from my closet on Depop and buyers purchase their items on there and it automaticlly goes to PayPal. So I HAVE to have a PayPal to sell. I became verified when I received my first payment. I sold a few items and the payments were all on hold. I did however apply tracking info to them and 1 that delivered the 3rd already lifted and came through today, the 4th. But the others, not yet. Even though the tracking says they are delivered. The payments have been small amounts no more than 110 a piece. But today I sold an item on eBay instead and it sold for 550. That’s when my account locked up and I was “limited” it’s asked me to provide ID, Detailed description of all items sold, delivery confirmation, and receipt of item and or invoice. The item that was sold is something bought back in 2003-2005 not exactly sure? How am I supposed to provide proof of that one item? Idk anyone who keeps stuff like that from that long ago. Plus it’s used? Has anyone else had this problem? And has anyone else actually resolved this problem? I’d like answers with solutions instead of maybe what i should do. Because I’m afraid to ship this item and then this not work out and me be **bleep** out of an item and that much money!
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

since you are in US and you sold it on Ebay USA,why not call Ebay ,may be they can release the hold for you?

or ask them what to do since you dont have receipt?

plenty of ebay sellers sell things with no receipt 

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

ebay expects you to ship promptly,so how can you do so if yo are not sure you can access your money?

Login to Me Too

Joshualewis164
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, so I’m not sure how this is supposed to work. How am I to feel comfortable shipping an item with payment on hold and under review? People don’t always keep receipts and such! There’s a million threats on google and on here for this problem but no one writes back to give their resolution for the problem or what happened. I have read though where they deny their documents they send and then the money and entire PayPal is on hold for 180 days then after you can transfer or withdraw the money. But 180 is ridiculous when someone has the item already!
Login to Me Too

Fern580
Im in a similar boat, Ive had my account limited due to a few items i sold several months ago during a shed cleanout. These items where given by a ex-employer from about 5 to 6 years ago who i have no contact with at all. I used paypal for everything i purchase online. Is this the end of my online shopping streak because i cant provide a receipt? Or is there something that could be sorted? 🤔
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.