Help with a refund

Kellygirl811
New Community Member
Good morning, I ordered a Barbie dream house for my daughter for Christmas I received a plastic number 4 instead. I contacted the resolution center who contacted the sender and said I need to return the item to get my refund. Fine except the address I received was all in Chinese. How can I call someone from PayPal and tell them I don’t read Chinese and can’t send it to someplace with such complex lettering
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Dicktahoe
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal will do anything they can to avoid giving refunds, my experience! The only way you can deal with it is to make sure that PayPal takes the payment from a credit card and not your banking account. Then you can lodge a complaint against the charge on your credit card, and the credit card company will handle the dispute for you.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kellygirl811 

Think its the China companies you buy from that don't want to issue any refunds not paypal.

So contact c.s. and request an english version of the address.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dicktahoe
Contributor
Contributor

This is a scam.  It’s PayPal that does not want to give the Refund, and PayPal refuses to block these sites that are scams.  When I got scammed, I went to my bank and filed a complaint.  They refunded my money and then got a settlement from PayPal after I was unable to get it from PayPal.  So here’s the scam:  You order some item—mine was some tools, nearly $100.  Then the vendor sends you something simple—I got stickers with a happy face on them.  Now the Vendor has a tracking number.  So when you contest the sale with PayPal and they contact the Vendor, the Vendor sends the tracking number showing the delivery—but it was not for the items ordered.  PayPal then denies your claim in favor of the scamming vendor.  This happened 100s of times with the same scam, PayPal is aware of it and has done nothing.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dicktahoe 

That scam would work if you opened the wrong dispute.

However instead of non receipt of item you should have opened a dispute for item received but not as described !!

If you opened one for non receipt and the item later arrived then you can CHANGE it from non receipt before it closes OR if it closes then you have the option to contact customer services to change the dispute type and open a second one for you.

OR yes you can go to your bank or card issuer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.