Help with a dispute

Arekkusu15
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, I’m hoping for some advice. I’m currently waiting to hear back from PayPal about the outcome of my dispute (seller responded today). I ordered 2 games and a console but the console never arrived only the games in a small envelope. The company have confirmed they should have all been together but despite me sending photos and them acknowledging them, they claim that because they sent a package (even with the console missing) it’s tough! Even though there’s no way the console could have fit in that tiny envelope! I really hope PayPal will help me get my money back, I can’t even play the games because I don’t have the console (the company also refused to accept return of the games). I’ve sent PayPal photos of the packaging and games to show there is no way they could have packed anything else in there. I haven’t been asked for more evidence and I explained the situation but I’m scared because I received something they’ll act like I received my order when the largest and most expensive part was missing. Should I contact PayPal and try and give them more evidence or wait and see their verdict (I’ve explained the situation to them and sent photos already). Thank you for all your help
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arekkusu15 

Then you will probably lose as all a seller has to do to win an item not received dispute is provide a tracking number that shows delivery of a parcel to the buyer.

What you should have done is file for item recieved but not as described ie incomplete amount or quantity other than described.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arekkusu15 

Which dispute did you open?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Arekkusu15
Contributor
Contributor
An item not received dispute
Login to Me Too

Arekkusu15
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry I replied twice
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arekkusu15 

Then you will probably lose as all a seller has to do to win an item not received dispute is provide a tracking number that shows delivery of a parcel to the buyer.

What you should have done is file for item recieved but not as described ie incomplete amount or quantity other than described.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Arekkusu15
Contributor
Contributor
Should I change the case then? Update - I’ve been able to change my case type to item not described - missing parts and I’ve requested the partial refund for the console.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.