Help with 'Not as Described' case

in4udax
Contributor
Contributor

The case is already escalated. Right now, PayPal is asking me for 3rd party documentation to confirm my "not as described" case which doesn't make sense at all, but here's a brief summary of what happened:

-Seller (with alot of 100% seller feedbacks) listed an auction item (cased non-Sports collectible)

-Nobody ever bidded on it, and a month later. I shot him a message with my offer.

-Seller agreed, but asked me to communicate on his e-mail instead. I hesitated for a second, but decided to go ahead due to his feedbacks.

-I paid him on paypal (non-ebay). He sent out the item.

-Received the item, but it wasn't 100% as described. The card inside the case is curved, which was never disclosed. So I'm not happy with it and wanted to return it.

-PayPal Rep told me to open a not as described case, and I did so.

-Now they're asking me for a 3rd party documentation. *option to add files / faxes

I'm not sure what to do next??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@in4udax

If you are filing that the item was not as described then they need to know where the description was to prove it was misdescribed.

You can't use the Ebay auction as you didn't buy it via Ebay.

So if you used another website etc they would want you to fax etc the auction description terms.

What you should have done was put in a FULL description of the item you were paying for when you sent payment OR made sure that the seller did the same if he sent you an invoice.

For eg if you just put 'watch' on the description for a rolex and only got a mickey mouse toy watch and you filed not as described then you would lose as a 'watch' you paid for and a 'watch' you received.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

in4udax
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thank you for your reply. I'm still confused.

The issue is the condition of the item. He didn't say anything about the item's condition in his ebay/paypal description. Only that there was "Condition= New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging where packaging is..." in his eBay specifics.

The item came from his ebay auction site, nothing else. I have that item and it matches his two photos (it matches because the serial number is the same.) His ebay name also matches his paypal e-mail name. I also have converstation of our ebay messages where he was the 1st person to ask me to communicate outside of ebay.

He sent me an invoice with the ebay title with no description. When I sent out the payment, there wasn't any field to put my description, so I paid.

What should I do? Should I take photos of everything (ebay stuff etc) and add them to docs?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@in4udax

Everything on that Ebay auction would be meaningless as you didn't buy via Ebay so its discounted.

You should have asked him to put the whole ebay description into the invoice so you were covered.

However all you can do now is wait for paypal to make a decision, they may still find in your favour, all you can do is wait and see.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.