Help to solve a fraud, because PayPal won't help me

haizhou
Contributor
Contributor

I am confused and frustrated by PayPal's resolution center. Here is my case. I hope the community to watch out for such frauds. If anybody can help me to solve the "puzzle", I will greatly appreciate.

It all started with my googling the "Dewalt wood router DW618". Google showed a lot of different prices from different vendors; the lowest being $99.97 from a unknown website (I already forgot the name since it has disappeared and never shown in later corresponds among the vendor, me, or PayPal.) But a couple of days after I placed the order, PayPal send me the seller info as:

<removed>

<removed>

I also got a UPS tracking info in the same email from PayPal. But the package detail is suspicious:

Service

UPS Ground

Weight

0.90 LBS

Since a router cannot be such a light weight, I contacted the seller through email. But never got any reply.

So, I paid much attention during the stated delivery day. Nothing appeared, but around 11am, my UPS tracking shows the package has been delivered. I immediate went to my front door. But nothing is there.

After that, I opened a case on PayPal, with the tracking information. PayPal replied that it is contacting the seller. After one day, PayPal sent me an email, telling me that the case was closed against me. The reason: I already got the delivery message.

The whole fraud is clear, except one thing: how did the seller made sure I will never got the .9 lbs package. What was it?

Another thing is about PayPal's irresponsibility in handling the case. One of main reasons why nowadays we have so many online frauds is because of such irresponsibilities.

Thanks in advance.

--

Hai

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

haizhou
Contributor
Contributor

It's PayPal to blame! The USP tracking number provided to PayPal had only the same town as mine but with a totally different address. Of course, since UPS tracking app will not show the detail address, I could not see it. But PayPal did not have any human being to review my case. Of course, the computer was fooled. **bleep** PayPal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.