Help - scammed and no way to prove it!

ashleyche

Ok guys - this is going to be a long, weird question. I need help and not sure what to do. 

On March 16, I purchased 6 large packages of Clorox & Great Value wipes from a shady store (tadastore.site). I have no idea why, I know it looked shady. I was desperate for wipes as I mother children who have compromised immune systems. 

Almost instantly, I knew it was a scam. The website wasn't working, the e-mail was not working, the "Contact Us" wasn't working. A couple days later the website disappeared all together. 

So I file a claim on 3/26. No response from seller until today, at which time he uploads a tracking number from UPS. I have not received any of the products. I look into the tracking number and see it was delivered to my City. However, I cannot see that it was delivered to my house. 

The weight of the package does not equal what the weight of the products should have been had he shipped it all. The weight should have been 11 lb 3 oz + weight of the box he mailed it in. The declared weight was 8 lb 7 oz. 

Am I **bleep** because something was delivered to my city?? Is there a way to find out where exactly the package was shipped? I can't find a phone number to contact Paypal....I am assuming because of COVID. Any help would be appreciated. I am feeling very stupid and upset now, I needed clorox wipes and now I am out the wipes & the money. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Hemerk
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ashleyche 

Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community Forum!

Just to clarify, disputes and claims are different.

If you've filed a dispute but you're not getting anywhere with the seller, you may allow PayPal to investigate this for you.

To do this you can escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 calendar days from the day the dispute was opened.

Please see the guide below.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/faq822

Hope this helps!

Kudos and Solved are highly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

ashleyche

I have already escalated. The seller provided a fake UPS number. I have found several other threads about this person, who opens websites then closes. It seems he has scammed many. 

Login to Me Too

Hemerk
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ashleyche 

That's great! Is the claim still open?

Claims normally get resolved within 30 days but due to the current crisis, it may take a bit longer.

You can find the timeframe in resolving a claim below.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-long-does-it-take-to-resolve-a-dispute-or-claim-faq1...

Hope I helped you.

Login to Me Too

MC131
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem and PayPal hasn’t done ANYTHING about it. They’re scamming people all over and PayPal is useless. At least they should ban them from paypal
Login to Me Too

joe190sl
Contributor
Contributor

The Clorox wipes should have been in a large box 7 sets of 4 multi packs (28 tubes of Clorox Wipes). What was delivered was a small empty 6" x 8" envelope with the tracking number on it that the seller uses to defraud Pay Pal into closing the case.  I submitted all of the sellers documents (invoices) in PDF format and a JPG picture of the tiny envelope.  The seller must know that PayPal dosen't bother to look at the evidence that the purchaser submits. 

The scammer got me to with PayPal's help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.