Help scam alerts

Mikebuko
New Community Member
OK I think I may have been scammed In short I bought a handbag for my Mrs £185 she wanted me to send money via f+f I said no so I sent via goods and services to her sister because she wouldn't be able to access the payment for a few days so I did Now I've just had a message saying I've been refunded she wants me to send the money again because the bag has been posted On my PayPal it says refund pending Oh and this is a partial refund of 179 it says could take 6days My fear is that I send again and the refund is cancelled so she gets payed twice????? I've said il resend once the payment says completed and to show me the proof of postage with no reply I'm either being scammed for £185 x2..... £6 or not at all Let me know your thoughts guys
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @Mikebuko,

Based on what you've said, it sounds like your refund is pending either due to your original transfer still processing, or the refund being sent as an eCheck. If the original transfer is still processing, it typically takes 3-5 business days to complete from when you initiated it. If it's an eCheck, these typically take 5-7 business days to complete. I would advise waiting until you receive the refund for the initial transaction to initiate a new one. Also ensure that you only send payment via Goods & Services, as this is the only way to ensure you have Buyer Protection. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.