Help regarding dispute

Punit2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there! I'm an instagram influencer, I promote buyers ads on my instagram page. I take all payments via invoices and I mention all promo details in invoice like "its 24 hrs feed post on my instagram page @--- on date...". Recently a buyer opened a dispute saying item not received. I told in resolution center it's an service and I provided tracking link of that buyer's post on my instagram page but PayPal turned it in favor of buyer saying I didn't provide tracking info of shipment. Kindly please help me about how to handle these disputes and what tracking info I can provide that'll considered as a proof? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Punit2 

I googled "Instagram Influencer" and I see not one Instagram.com page regarding this term pop up as a top search result. All I see is these third party "how to" marketing sites and definitions of what being one is. You can run ads and pay Instagram to do it but nothing like you selling promotion as a service for another individual user. You have to invoice your clients independently. You would think it would be prominently promoted by Instagram if they allowed it. Not even a page saying "Hey, be an Instagram Influencer!" 

It's likely one of those, "we know people do but can't stop it" things.

Furthermore, some people are very well versed with how the PayPal seller and buyer protection program works and may try to exploit its limitations.

You can appeal the case by going to the resolution center or calling PayPal customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US (or email us, etc).

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (India): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalIN/

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Maybe we simply just can't win all the time or different PayPal team member was reviewing your other case, saw it differently. Have to contact them and appeal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Punit2 

Proof of Delivery (for intangible or virtual items or services)” means any compelling evidence to show the purchase order was fulfilled that includes all of the following:

a. The date the item or service was provided;

b. The recipient’s address (email/IP, etc) where applicable.

These things that people do, like sell access to their audience/followers, the accounts themselves, etc is not even allowed on Instagram.

"You can't attempt to buy, sell, or transfer any aspect of your account (including your username) or solicit, collect, or use login credentials or badges of other users."

https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870

Login to Me Too

Punit2
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

Hi there! thanks for replying. I always mention promo date and time in invoice and I provided tracking link of that promo post on my instagram page that shows that promo date, I also added screenshots of that post showing promo post time and time. I don't know what else I can provide as it was just an ad bought on my page and all I can provide is that ad link with date and time mentioned same as mentioned in invoice. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Punit2 

If PayPal does not accept your evidence as sufficient proof of delivery, then they simply can't cover you. You sell these sorts of things at your own risk. PayPal may not be suitable for all transactions/business models.

7. PayPal Seller Protection.

Login to Me Too

Punit2
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

"If PayPal does not accept your evidence as sufficient proof of delivery, then they simply can't cover you. You sell these sorts of things at your own risk. PayPal may not be suitable for all transactions/business models."

But sir they accepted it as a proof on my other paypal account. I don't know why they're not accepting it as a proof on this paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Punit2
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

"These things that people do, like sell access to their audience/followers, the accounts themselves, etc is not even allowed on Instagram.

"You can't attempt to buy, sell, or transfer any aspect of your account (including your username) or solicit, collect, or use login credentials or badges of other users."

https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870"

Sir I'm not selling or doing such things. I'm only promoting buyers product on my page and instagram allows as to work as an influencer.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Punit2 

I googled "Instagram Influencer" and I see not one Instagram.com page regarding this term pop up as a top search result. All I see is these third party "how to" marketing sites and definitions of what being one is. You can run ads and pay Instagram to do it but nothing like you selling promotion as a service for another individual user. You have to invoice your clients independently. You would think it would be prominently promoted by Instagram if they allowed it. Not even a page saying "Hey, be an Instagram Influencer!" 

It's likely one of those, "we know people do but can't stop it" things.

Furthermore, some people are very well versed with how the PayPal seller and buyer protection program works and may try to exploit its limitations.

You can appeal the case by going to the resolution center or calling PayPal customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US (or email us, etc).

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (India): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalIN/

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Maybe we simply just can't win all the time or different PayPal team member was reviewing your other case, saw it differently. Have to contact them and appeal.

Login to Me Too

Sourabhsohu
Contributor
Contributor
Hey punit can you help me please , i am getting the same issue . Please reply
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.