Help re buyer keeping item purchased and paypal refund them after ebay ruled in sellers favour

SS72
New Community Member

I sold an item on ebay before Christmas and sent them quickly. Buyer questioned size and I confirmed via photo and message . Upon arrival buyer made claim via ebay that they did not fit and ebay ruled in my favour. Buyer then decided to take it to paypal as “item not as described “ stating that they did not fit her daughter.......  How on earth is this an item not as described.  Paypal sent a refund to buyer, and buyer kept the shoes.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SS72 

Did you respond to the buyers Paypal dispute?

Only in the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers, Paypal never see the item in question and so make a judgement call.

HOWEVER normally the buyer has to return the item first before you have to refund, unless the item is (1) fake or (2) the seller did not respond to the dispute at all, so did you respond? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.