Help please

Rekabadon21
Contributor
Contributor

To whom this may concern, My name is Shareka <removed> I have been a PayPal user since April of 2017. I recently started selling items on eBay. Since the buyers felt more comfortable making their payments through PayPal I agreed. They paid and I shipped the items as soon as possible. The buyers received their purchases on May 8th 2019 However, That did not stop PayPal from suspending my PayPal Account on May 8th 2019 and performing a 180 day review on my account, which causes me to not have access to my funds before that time frame. PayPal advised me that it was a safety precaution just in case the buyers does not receive the items they purchased, and/or credit card charge backs purposes. I explained several times that they have received the items, gave me positive reviews on eBay, Also are satisfied with the products and the customer service That was provided. PayPal continued to insisted that there is nothing they can do until the 180 days are complete. I understand that PayPal can no longer do business with me because of certain reasons However, I do not understand why I don’t have access to the funds in my account. I feel that holding my funds for 180 days for a non-fraudulent violation of PayPal’s Acceptable use policy is excessive, and unnecessary abuse of power. Also perhaps contrary to the laws of most states as my lawyer advised me. The only thing I can think of that could possibly caused this was me changing my banking information a day before the review process started, other than that I have no idea why my funds is being held without access. I have called PayPal multiple times to get this situation resolved. I tried one more attempt yesterday speaking to A customer representative named Grace ID number <removed>. I also spoke to a supervisor named Jeff ID badge number <removed>. I explained to Them both that I need the funds released because my son has multiple health issues. The funds in my PayPal account was for my son physical therapy, occupational therapy and medical bills. I Do not get any government assistance. All of the medical treatments are coming out of pocket. I am a single mother with no help. This entire situation with PayPal and the 180 day review is taking a toll on me mentally because I am afraid I will not be able to pay for the treatment for my son needs. I have expressed to Jeff the supervisor of PayPal My sons situation, and that he means the world to me but he did not care. I cried and asked him could he work something out before the 180 day process and he stated he could not do anything about the matter. This is my last and final attempt to get this situation handled in a timely manner before I contact my Commissioner of financial regulator. I will also be filing complaints with the following agencies such as the California office of the Attorney General. Michigan office of Attorney General. The United States Federal Reserve. The Better Business Bureau. These complaints will be filed both online and by mail. See attachments below for proof that the buyers have indeed received the goods, proof that my account is inactive, and the funds are under 180 review. Proof of me changing my bank information. I also attached proof of my son’s medical diagnosis and conditions that requires special medical treatment. That’s the reason I need the funds released within 48 hours. Please help me! Sincerely Shareka <removed> Thank you for your time!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rekabadon21 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rekabadon21
Contributor
Contributor
What if your buyers are willing to sign a affidavit stating they won't file a dispute. All my buyer said they will but i don't know how to start that process
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Rekabadon21, 

Unfortunately, an affidavit from your buyers stating they will not file a dispute is not acceptable. The funds will be held for up to 180 days as per the User Agreement and you will receive an email update once the funds are eligible for release. 

Thanks

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.