Help please.

AivarasMot
New Community Member

Okay i recently got a fair amount of money sent to my account and i had my family member log in on my account in a different country, when my aunt logged in on my account it got limited for some reason and now it's asking me for my ID,passport etc and a bank statement  i have provided a picture of my passport but i don't know what to do with the bank statement because i don't have a bank account, nor do i have one linked to my paypal... it says it has detected strange activity with my "bank account" but i don't have one what should i do ? i have provided my passport it's been about 3d and still no response do i have to provide both my ID or passport and the bank statement which i don't have or just the passport would be enough to get access to my money again ? please someone help i'm losing my mind over here...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AivarasMot

Paypal is country specific so if you suddenly have activity on your account in another country paypal security will kick in and want proof its you.

They want to make sure your paypal account hasn't been hijacked and used by a fraudster in another country. 

I think you need to provide the proof they ask and if you can't then contact customer services to explain and see if they will accept alternative proof.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.