Help on a Scam

Cheesywotsit79
New Community Member

Unfortunately (and stupidly) I fell for this and completed the action (I have reported to my bank as fraud and they are now investigating).

Since then either the real people or the scammers have now raised disputes and paypal have refunded the money to them so I have a negative balance.

I have opened my own cases on the two transactions and paypal say there is nothing wrong with them. As they are closed I can't re-open them and I cant speak to anyone to report these cases as scams/fraud.

Any help and what happens now that I have a negative balance? I am probably going to close my account as I think the lack of support is appalling. 

Thanks - any advice gratefully received.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cluelessinUS
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately , this seems to happen to both sides. As a customer, I was scammed 3 times. You have to be diligent about communicating with the resolution department. You have to have screen shots and pictures, every step of the way, but most importantly, you have to react within the allotted time that PayPal has given for each step. The FTC and the FBI -Cyber Crimes, are available for “fraudulent activity”, but again you need documentation, & proof of that you did everything by the guidelines. (And the laws that are applicable ) Federal, International and local.. As for your negative balance, you probably would have to go through the courts (civil) and Sue for the money, which would cost, way more, with no guarantees. The one thing I learned , sadly, out of all this, is don’t trust anyone ; read all small print, and document “everything”
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.