Help needed with Ebay Refund blocked by PayPal

Ambie2094
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I recently won a appeal case with ebay from a fraudulent seller that sent my item to the wrong address on purpose with a fake tracking number. But was told that since i opened a dispute with ebay and paypal at the same time that i would have to go through PayPal to finish the refund. 

My case with ebay is closed in my favor, but my paypal dispute is still opened currently. How do i relay the info that i won my ebay case, So i can finish my refund.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

jnlmalibu
Contributor
Contributor

Seller in UK sent me junk.  I overreacted and put in ebay claim and dispute through credit card.   Seller agreed to refund and ebay decided claim in my favor but now says refund is blocked by chargeback request by credit card.  Dropped chargeback request with credit card but refund still in limbo.  Is there not a department Paypal to remove this block so refund can go through?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jnlmalibu 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full

You must choose whether to pursue a dispute with PayPal under PayPal Buyer Protection, or to pursue the dispute with your card issuer. You can't do both at the same time or seek a double recovery. If you pursue a dispute/claim with us and you also pursue a dispute for the same transaction with your card issuer, we'll close your dispute/claim with us. This won't affect the dispute process with your card issuer. In addition, if you pursue a dispute with your card issuer, you cannot pursue a dispute/claim with us later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jnlmalibu
Contributor
Contributor

You misunderstood.  There is no dispute with my credit card nor dispute with Paypal.  There was initially a dispute with the credit card but that was retracted.  The case was already decided by eBay.  Paypal still thinks there's a dispute with the credit card but I have proof that was retracted.

Login to Me Too

jnlmalibu
Contributor
Contributor

How do you contact their chargeback department?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.