Help me with my dispute

Isaac_Wahh
Contributor
Contributor

Hello community,

here is long story short of my case. I've purchased a watch from one website that provided option to pay with paypal, and that happend on 17. September 2018. After the purchase, I've received receipt from PayPal and automated message from website that they have my order in line. After that - nothing. I tried contacting seller via his mail, never got response. Tried that several times. On 14th day I decided to open a case on Paypal, and we got 20 days to resolve the matter. I've posted 3 messages since then, he never replied on PayPal resolution center. What else can I do here? If I escalate the case to PayPal, do I have submit other evidences that he is completely ignoring me, and other people on his Facebook page, and they're reporting that never got anything from either. What happens if by any chance, Paypal decides in his favor, although I don't know how that would be possible when he is clearly in some shady bussiness, and doesn't want to cooperate. If they decide to his favor, do I get another chance to post another claim? What do you think I should do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Isaac_Wahh wrote:

@sharpiemarkerHey man, I want to escalate this today to Paypal, I just have one or two questions. What happens if he provide PayPal with this tracking number, do they give him extra time, or do I lose protection in this case forever? What If I decide to wait another 15 days, and I mark this case as resolved in Resolution center, do I get to file another complaint after, if item doesn't come. As you can see, I want to do everything I can not to lose protection, since I really dont believe he'll send me anything. Or the best way is to escalate this to Paypal right away. Sorry for bothering you, but you're the only one I can ask something

When you escalate, it extends the time for keeping the dispute open but it is converted to a claim where you no longer communicate with the seller and PayPal monitors the claim. PayPal will then try to resolve your claim within 30 days. Once you close a dispute/claim, you won't be able to reopen it. If the claim was closed against you, you may appeal with new evidence to submit. If the seller doesn't respond at all, PayPal will eventually close it in your favor.  If in the meantime, you received the item to your satisfaction, you may contact customer service rep to close the claim if you are not able to do it from the claim. If the seller responds with tracking and depending on what the tracking says, PayPal will either close the claim if it is marked delivered and if it is in transit, it will wait until an update of delivery is confirmed.

Unless you receive your item to your satisfaction, keep the dispute open. Escalate to a claim asap to get PayPal to take over the case and wait for the decision. Remember, if the case is closed against you, you can appeal from within the closed claim or call customer service to appeal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Isaac_Wahh wrote:

Hello community,

here is long story short of my case. I've purchased a watch from one website that provided option to pay with paypal, and that happend on 17. September 2018. After the purchase, I've received receipt from PayPal and automated message from website that they have my order in line. After that - nothing. I tried contacting seller via his mail, never got response. Tried that several times. On 14th day I decided to open a case on Paypal, and we got 20 days to resolve the matter. I've posted 3 messages since then, he never replied on PayPal resolution center. What else can I do here? If I escalate the case to PayPal, do I have submit other evidences that he is completely ignoring me, and other people on his Facebook page, and they're reporting that never got anything from either. What happens if by any chance, Paypal decides in his favor, although I don't know how that would be possible when he is clearly in some shady bussiness, and doesn't want to cooperate. If they decide to his favor, do I get another chance to post another claim? What do you think I should do?

Decide on how much longer you want to wait within the 20 days to escalate to a claim so PayPal can review the case. PayPal "may" ask you to submit documentation or they might not. It doesn't look like they will, nor find in the seller's favor if you filed Item Not Received dispute and the seller doesn't respond with a tracking number in a timely matter. 

Login to Me Too

Isaac_Wahh
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

after you mentioned tracking number, I just found out his website has sent me notification about tracking number, but he is still not replying anything in resolution center. I can't even check number he provided me, since it's not registered on most of the tracking sites. Could I send it to you, to check it out?

Login to Me Too

Isaac_Wahh
Contributor
Contributor

And to add, tracking number was sent two days ago, after weeks of begging for any information from him.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Isaac_Wahh wrote:

And to add, tracking number was sent two days ago, after weeks of begging for any information from him.

When you escalate the dispute to claim, PayPal will take over the case. If the seller does not respond with tracking after escalation to claim within the time specified, PayPal will make a decision in your favor. You can send me the tracking number if you want but if you escalate the dispute to a claim, the seller is responsible for responding with tracking number on their end, if tracking does not say delivered, or you have not received item then PayPal will refund you. 

So decide when you want to escalate within the 20 days to escalate to claim and then do it and PayPal will take over the case and you don't have to communicate with the seller any longer as PayPal will handle that.

Login to Me Too

Isaac_Wahh
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarkerHey man, I want to escalate this today to Paypal, I just have one or two questions. What happens if he provide PayPal with this tracking number, do they give him extra time, or do I lose protection in this case forever? What If I decide to wait another 15 days, and I mark this case as resolved in Resolution center, do I get to file another complaint after, if item doesn't come. As you can see, I want to do everything I can not to lose protection, since I really dont believe he'll send me anything. Or the best way is to escalate this to Paypal right away. Sorry for bothering you, but you're the only one I can ask something

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Isaac_Wahh wrote:

When you escalate, it extends the time for keeping the dispute open but it is converted to a claim where you no longer communicate with the seller and PayPal monitors the claim. PayPal will then try to resolve your claim within 30 days. Once you close a dispute/claim, you won't be able to reopen it. If the claim was closed against you, you may appeal with new evidence to submit. If the seller doesn't respond at all, PayPal will eventually close it in your favor.  If in the meantime, you received the item to your satisfaction, you may contact customer service rep to close the claim if you are not able to do it from the claim. If the seller responds with tracking and depending on what the tracking says, PayPal will either close the claim if it is marked delivered and if it is in transit, it will wait until an update of delivery is confirmed.

Unless you receive your item to your satisfaction, keep the dispute open. Escalate to a claim asap to get PayPal to take over the case and wait for the decision. Remember, if the case is closed against you, you can appeal from within the closed claim or call customer service to appeal.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Isaac_Wahh wrote:

Hello,

after you mentioned tracking number, I just found out his website has sent me notification about tracking number, but he is still not replying anything in resolution center. I can't even check number he provided me, since it's not registered on most of the tracking sites. Could I send it to you, to check it out?

Sure. Where is the seller from?

Login to Me Too

Isaac_Wahh
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, thank you so much for helping me here, this is my first purchase outside of eBay, and already a mess. I don't know where is he based, but I think he used Singapore post to "register" tracking number.

Tracking number is: RF575748572SG

He provided me with it via his website. I don't know if it's okay to post name of the website here, so I won't mention it now, but if you know that's okay, I'll post it here.

I suspect he is playing me to miss my 20 days limit in thinking he is actually sending me my shipment, since he never replied in Resolution center, only via his automated website in this case. As I can see, the status of delivery is: Not delivered. Can you check it out.

To be honest, on his Facebook page, many other customers are reporting the same problems. We probably got scammed, and I know PayPal resolves stuff like this fairly, but I wanna make sure I make all right moves before escalation.

Thank you again kind sir

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I am using a Universal Package Tracker online and the shipping service is "Singapore Post" but there is no such number or not found is the result, no tracking information. This can happen as I have shipments coming from Singapore before. In any case, escalate the dispute to a claim within the 20 days and PayPal will take over and you do not have to communicate with the seller. PayPal will eventually find in your favor that is if the tracking does not say it is delivered.

Sometimes shipments from overseas do take a while to arrive and not all tracking numbers work. We do have 180 days to work with, to allow ample time for delivery before filing a dispute. And we only get one chance at it. 

I just checked at another Universal tracking site and I do get some information: http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RF575748572SG

Does it seem correct? At least where the shipment originates from? Notice the dates. There was an update a couple days ago.

Still you can escalate to a claim within 20 days to keep the case active, so it won't close on you automatically.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.