Help me get a refund please!

Notveryhelpful
Contributor
Contributor

So I have a problem. Recently I payed a person who I thought was going to help me acquire something I wanted. The type of payment I used is written as  "goods and services" and it was for a toy. So a little background. The toy I want is located in Korea and I am not in Korea, so I found a service which was supposed to help ship your items from Korea to my location. The guy asked for 295 MYR for what I wanted, and I have since paid him. He was pretending to belong to this company and I found out, after talking to the person who owns the page, determined that he is a scammer. I have proof that this guy is a scammer and as such I want my money back, it has been 1 day since I paid him and I opened a dispute/claim to get my money back because I don't want this scammer to steal my money and leave. (see here). How can I make sure that I get my money back? Please tell me what to do. I reported it as "missing item" because I haven't actually recieved the item. What should I do? I use Paypal Malaysia.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siti

Hi @Notveryhelpful,

If you haven't received your item, the item you received doesn't match the original product description, you didn't authorize a transaction, or there's been a billing error we have a dispute process to help you and your seller resolve the issue in a friendly way. When possible, you should always try contacting your seller before disputing a payment through PayPal. You have up to 180 days after you sent the payment to file a dispute.

Here's how to open a dispute:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click on the transaction you'd like to file a complaint about.
  3. Click Resolution Center near the bottom of the page.
  4. Choose which type of issue you would like to report.
  5. Enter the details of your complaint.
  6. Click Submit.

After you open a dispute, you have 20 calendar days to communicate with the seller before the dispute automatically closes. If you can't resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating your dispute to a claim.

Here's how to escalate a dispute to a claim:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click on the transaction you'd like to file a complaint about.
  3. Click Resolution Center near the bottom of the page.
  4. Choose which type of issue you would like to report.
  5. Enter the details of your complaint.
  6. Click Submit.

We will contact you if we need additional information. We will try to make a decision within 30 days.

To check the status of your claim, log in to your PayPal account and visit the Resolution Center.

To learn more about the specifics of PayPal Purchase Protection, click Security at the bottom of any PayPal page.

If you do not have a PayPal account, you'll need to sign up for a PayPal account to file the dispute. You'll need to locate the original email receipt for the transaction.

Here’s how to get started:

1. Go to the PayPal website.
  2. Click Sign Up at the top of the page.
  3. Complete the sign up form.
  4. Enter the credit card number used to make the purchase.
  5. Click sign up again.

You have to open a dispute with PayPal within the timeframe noted in the transaction details. You then have up to 20 days to communicate with the seller. If you can't resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating the dispute to a claim. This escalation must happen within the 20 day time period.

To learn more about the specifics of PayPal Purchase Protection, click Security at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Regards,

June

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.