Help me! My account is permanently disabled

AnnaMcD101
Contributor
Contributor
Help me please!! My acct is permanently disabled because “an account associated with mine” isn’t in good standing. The account they are referring too is my husbands act, which I have absolutely zero control over. I don’t understand how they could possible shut down my account and hold thousands of dollars for 6 months just because my husbands acct has a negative balance? His acct literally has nothing to do with mine. Yet I’m the one being punished here!! Is there anyone out there that can help me or atleast point me in the right direction? Thank you very much
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @AnnaMcD101,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to know that your PayPal account has been disabled. It looks like you're referring to account limitation. The best way to get more clarification and resolve this issue is by contacting our customer service so that one of our advisors can check your account and assist you further. Please contact customer service by clicking Contact us at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options.

I hope this helps,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

DMJohnston1
Contributor
Contributor

As always, the first step - if you haven't done so already - is filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

If you've already done this and PayPal has not helped, then file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Their forms are a little confusing, but I found that "Money transfer, virtual currency, or money service > Mobile or digital wallet" fits best. The rest is very similar to the BBB.

Many people have found that PayPal refuses to return their money after 180 days. If this happens to you, contact FairShake and they will attempt to negotiate the return of your money in exchange for a percentage of the money recovered.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.