Help getting my money unfrozen

sdo3
Contributor
Contributor

I sell ozone machines that kill covid, so when the pandemic broke out, my sales spiked up 5 fold, from $1000 to $5000 a day. I was taking the money out every day, and Paypal thought that was suspicious, so they froze my account. I just don't like leaving money in this account and transfer it to my main business bank account because it makes accounting easier, and that's my F'in choice! 

So they froze $4500 for 90 days. That was 90 days ago. I check in and now see they freeze money for 180 DAYS! That is ridiculous! Without any due process. Without even being able to get an email response (they send a cookie cutter computer generated response) or without speaking to a live person! Who knows how to get a hold of these people, or if there are any legal remedies I should pursue.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sdo3
Contributor
Contributor

Here is what they said in that cookie cutter email:

We're unable to continue offering our services

Thank you for using PayPal as your payment partner.

Unfortunately, we are unable to continue offering our services to you at this time due to the nature of your business and/or activity in your account and the risk it poses to PayPal. This decision can't be overturned.

Money in your PayPal account will be held for 180 days. After 180 days, we'll email you information on how to withdraw your money.

It was 90 days 3 months ago, I guess they can now willy-nilly hold our money for 6 months without any due process, for any reason, and not even answer our emails or calls?  Am I in the USA or communist China?

Login to Me Too

Jhandley
Same thing happened to me! Tried to start working from home selling things and they flagged me and are holding up my money and canceled my account! Trying to figure it out too.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.