Help! Theft by instant transfer after random person deposited money in my paypal balance

bckb824
Contributor
Contributor

Someone deposited money into my paypal balance a few times then used a visa card to take more money out of my account through instant transfer.

These transactions happened a few times. The person that deposited money into my account then received all their money back but I am stuck with a $1000+ negative balance from an instant transfer used by a visa card. I didn't even know you can do that!

Paypal customer service has been absolutely horrible... I need help on what are the proper steps to take next.

The person that deposited money into my account, I found their information all online.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

cjlmoss

It's a known issue and they are completely incompetent and unhelpful.

Login to Me Too

wed1901
New Community Member

This happened to me today. Did it get resolved? Has anything been answered? Help! I don't have any money now.

Login to Me Too

bckb824
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal has been useless and ignoring my case and requests. They just told me pretty much ‘eff off’ and deal with it third party. I filled out ID theft to identitytheft.gov and have not heard back. It’s been a week! It’s really messed up, I’ve been using paypal for almost 15 years too. Never again. How the heck do you let someone withdraw my balance to negative!?! It doesn’t even make any sense. It’s not like it’s a debit card. They just care about their stockholders and greed.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.