Help! Shady company took $330 USD this morning and PayPal denied my claim

SteffyD
New Community Member

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't read too much in the community because I'm in a scramble.

Short version: I cancelled with this company, they apparently didn't stop my auto-pay of $15 USD/month and then yanked $330 out of my bank account after months of nothing.

Even if I DID owe months of their service, the total owing would have been $90, not $330.

I'm now in a tight spot, as they took this from my most recent paycheck.

I've emailed both the company and PayPal, again, but any advice is most welcome. Thanks for reading.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SteffyD 

Since it was an automatic payment, it can't be reported as unauthorized payment as you set up billing agreement. What sort of reason did you report or filed a claim under?

Read the merchant's cancelation policy of any possible fees. How did you cancel? Did you log in your user account to cancel or did you go to Manage Automatic Payments in your PayPal Account settings to cancel but there was billing error?

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-a-billing-issue-from-my-paypal-account-f...

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.