Help! Seller has not shipped the items and I can't track it

bluestem
New Community Member

I'm having an issue where the seller is making shipping labels but not shipping the items probably to use the PayPal seller protection loophole where the seller only has to provide proof of shipment, not proof of delivery. 

I bought 6 items in my first order and then 1 item in my second order. She told me that she shipped the items together with Canada Post Small Packet USA (Canada to USA) which does not have a tracking number. She showed me a picture of the label (with no tracking number as previously explained). However, because it's not tracked, she might have not even shipped it and it still might be with her. The package should have arrived over a week ago...

Also, since I trusted her, I bought another 12 items from her (third order) before the first package came in. This time, since the items are heavier, she used the Canada Post USA tracked packet. She also sent me a picture of the label. However, the Canada Post tracking system shows that the shipping label has been made and that the package is not in their system yet, which means that either she hasn't put it at the post office or the post office hasn't scanned the package yet, and I'm believing the prior because it is rare for a post office to completely neglect a large box.

Did I get scammed? Am I able to file a dispute because technically she has a proof of shipment from the shipping labels? However, there is no evidence that she actually dropped it off at the post office.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.