Help: Return cost more than the merchandise

Barbie107
Contributor
Contributor
I didn’t receive what I paid for, the merchant sent msg through PayPal to return item to China the shipping fees are way over $100 the item cost only $40.90
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Bpal35

Sorry, a few missing words, hope it’s clear.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Bpal35

It’s fraud, and a common one. It’s known as ‘bait and switch’ where you order an item and a cheap substitute is sent. When you raise this as a dispute with PayPal, the criminal will offer a refund if you return the item to a Chinese address. The address may not exist, and the criminal will not acknowledge receipt. So you’re out of money again. What the expect is you’ll just write it off. They keep your money, you learn the hard way.

if the Paypal payment was funded by a credit card, get your bank to initiate a chargeback. They won’t mess about, you should get your money back pretty well straightaway. PayPal won’t like it, but heh ho.

I’m unsure whether US is similar to UK law in this respect, but if get something you didn’t order hatred you can give the seller 14 days notice to collect the goods at their expense. They won’t of course, so after 14 days, you can keep the stuff.

If you’ve used funds in your PayPal account, just keep arguing, it is possible you may eventually speak to someone who is not working a script, but you need to persistent.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Bpal35

Sorry, a few missing words, hope it’s clear.

Login to Me Too

Barbie107
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.