Help! Restricted account

Francmeister
Contributor
Contributor
I need help. My account is now restricted bec they have been asking for documents which I already provided before. The issue is the proof of billing which I do not have since we're only renting and it's not under my name. My funds are now on hold and I can't use it. This is the worst service.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Francmeister 

When PayPal asks for a utility bill, its usually for Proof of Address so do you have a bank or credit card statement or even a phone bill to prove your physical address as entered into your PayPal account? Check the Resolution Center case and see if PayPal will accept other documents to prove physical mailing address. Or refer to the emails PayPal sent you about your restricted account for more information.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Francmeister
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately i also don't have bank account and a credit card. How can I inform them that the document that they're asking for is something that I cannot provide? I think i replied to their previous email before when they notified me of this restriction, but all I'm getting are just template answers.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Francmeister 

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but perhaps a PayPal account is not something that you can use because you'll need access to a bank account and/or credit card to get the best performance out of your PayPal account.  And you can't add someone else's bank account/credit card information to your PayPal either. IF you don't have a bank account or credit card because you are under age of 18, then you are not even able to operate a PayPal account wither. Otherwise, I suggest you seriously look into getting a bank account and/or credit card.

I realize that one can open a PayPal account with just name, address, phone number, and email address and be able to receive and send money but eventually you'll have to be able to verify your PayPal account and pass security checks. It's policy now, no matter what country you are based.

Perhaps write a letter explaining why you can't provide the information and then pdf it and upload it to the case.

To contact customer service for any further assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Edit: I wasn't sure if a prepaid Visa card statement may work, let alone even supplies statements so I edited my post, but if you have one and can find a statement, that might just work! 🙂 Good luck!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Francmeister
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the info. I'm using a prepaid visa card from a telco provider. Hopefully i can look for any documents for this and submit this instead. But yeah that's a good point. Appreciate your help 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.